wanted.Boiler programmer for an Elite 50 Servowarm boiler. (Not an He bolier)

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by Nicolas Freeland, Mar 9, 2015.

?

I need a new boiler programmer for a servowarm Elite 50 boiler

1. Where can I locate a new part for the old boiler

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. possible ways around old programmer

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Nicolas Freeland

Nicolas Freeland New Member

Hi I am after a new boiler programmer for an old Elite 50 Servowarm boiler or a way of changing the old programmer to perhaps a digital programmer if it can be done.My old programmer has a missing peg and slippes when it is time to switch on. Gc NO 41 714 27. There nothing wrong with the boiler apart from the programmer. Please help.

2. tom.plum

tom.plum Screwfix Select

which programmer is fitted, the mechanical one or the digital LSIII ? if its the digital one a stright swap for a similar one will do, if its the mechanical one you will have a problem, the mechanical one has a built in overrun device ( which usually leaves a burn mark on the programmer face) and you will need a kit to convert it to digital, these kits will be rare as zeppalin spare tyres so you will need an heating engineer who can make one from parts out of maplins,( also a rare animal), :(

3. Dave does Gas

Dave does Gas Screwfix Select

Wow a Servowarm amazed that there are any left.
    Like Tom says you will have trouble unless you can find a good heating savy sparks or a good electrical heating engineer.
    The Servowarm package came as a whole kit and truth be told has not stood the test of time

4. tom.plum

tom.plum Screwfix Select

I don't know about that Dave, that boiler will be made between 1981 to 1990 so could possibly be 30+ years old so they are good boilers,Servowarm had some very good inovative ideas that were copied by others and are still being used like modulating flame and fanned flue, they stopped making boilers in 1990 and bought worcester and ideal boilers and badged them as their own, competition got tough later and they reformed to Homeserve , I was proud to be apart of the Servowarm team but I would't tell anyone if I was part of the homeserve shower,

5. plumber-boy

plumber-boy Well-Known Member

Homeserve now they are a joke.

6. Nicolas Freeland

Nicolas Freeland New Member

Hi thank you for replying , the programmer is the mechanical one which indeed have a burn mark on the programmer face.

7. John Claydon

John Claydon New Member

The pot in the corner supplying water to the system was called a Grecian Urn. It needed topping up on a regular basis, but worked fine in conjunction with the model 30 and 40 Masterads. Did go over at a later date to header tanks in the loft, at first no ball valve. Was a simple but effective system, with a start up pack consisting of a basic three radiator and model 30 Masterad £149.00. This was in the early sixties, but central heating pump and time control were extra. The Masterad heated a downstairs room on an outside wall, and the three radiators worked on gravity. Obviously, the bigger the system the more costly it was. I worked for Servowarm from 1967 till 1991, never ever regretted going to work for them, worked as a Service engineer, an installer and for a while a Supervisor. Earnt really good money in the years I worked for them. Read something about Harp buying Servowarm. Actually GKN owned them when I first worked for them, then they were taken over by a Belgian Company, then somewhere along the line Servowarm amalgamated with Harp. Not sure who bought who. Still some boilers about that were made by Servowarm , and I always thought that the Masterad was a good innovation, and they did manage to be able to incorporate a hot water system with it in the end. I fitted lots of them, but the Elite range were so much easier to fit.

8. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

The OP hasn't been seen for 3 1/2 years.