Warning. Had render from The Wall Coating Company?

Discussion in 'Builders' Talk' started by captaincinders, Jan 18, 2017.

1. captaincinders

captaincinders New Member

Have you had render by the The Wall Coating Company (TWCC) with an insurance policy for the work? Your insurance policy may be worthless.

The Wall Coating Company issues a Guarantee certificate and you get a Policy Document. My policy stated that contractor was WCC Systems LTD. The contract, work and payments are all to The Wall Coating Company, so who is WCC Systems Ltd? I have been told that The Wall Coating Company is a trading name of WCC Systems Ltd and they, but neither I, the broker and the Insurance company have any paperwork that shows that. I queried this with the Policy Broker and they confirmed that, as it stands, the Insurance Policy is (or could potentially be) invalid. The broker will be sorting out he situation by amending the policy document.

So. Have you had render done by The Wall Coating Company (TWCC)? Take a close look at the part of the Policy Document which states who the Contractor is. If it says WCC Systems LTD and your guarantee is by The Call Coating Company, it may be invalid.

(I wont go into the 6 months and 3 teams it took just to get the render finished to the point where they could start painting!)