WARNING Hotpoint FF175BP Fridge Freezer Fire Risk

Discussion in 'Just Talk' started by KIAB, Jun 23, 2017.

1. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

The Hotpoint FF175BP has been confirmed as the source of the fire at Grenfell Tower blaze.

So if you have a Hotpoint fridge freezer check the model number now, apparantly it is not the first one to exploded & catch fire, & it was the only model THAT has not been recalled because of the fire risk with other models.

2. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

People who believe they own a Hotpoint fridge freezer model number FF175BP (white) or FF175BG (grey) can call Whirlpool Corporation's freephone hotline on 0800 316 3826.

3. On the plus side, they are really cheap to buy now.

4. fillyboy

fillyboy Screwfix Select

Sicko.

5. jonathanc

jonathanc Guest

I've got one of those and to be honest its a useless pile of **** like all things hotpoint. I can't remember the fault but there is some common fault with the defrost heater.

KIAB and Astramax like this.
  6. Astramax

Astramax Super Member

Gave up on Hotpoint years ago and moved to Bosch 100% for kitchen appliances, no regrets whatsoever. :)

KIAB likes this.
  7. At least it'll keep you warm.

8. Moron.

(And one of us is right)

9. Astramax

Astramax Super Member

Milk won't keep to well!

10. Mr. Handyandy

Mr. Handyandy Screwfix Select

That's an even more sickly attempt at humour.

11. Mr. Handyandy

Correct. And it ain't filly!

12. I bet you chuckled?

13. I, quite literally, have no reply to that.

14. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

Not funny!

This WAS meant to be a serious thread.

15. Astramax

Astramax Super Member

To be fair I believe DA was referring to the cr4p fridge rather than the recent tragedy.

16. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

I'm also all Bosch appliances,& one advantage with most Bosch fridge freezers they have twin compressors, one each for fridge & freezer, easier to maintain independent temperature in each part,safer & less work for the compressors than a single compressor controlling the whole appliance.

17. Yes they were.

You chuckled - I know you did.

18. Mr. Handyandy

So you'd be the one that approached one of the Grenfell disaster that lost all his family and asks if he wants a fridge! A Hotpoint one! Keep ya warm, you know!

19. Mr. Handyandy

Were you the head teacher that sent the Grenfell kids home from school because they weren't wearing uniform recently?