was you a mod or rocker

Discussion in 'Just Talk' started by tom.plum, Aug 31, 2014.

1. metrokitchens

metrokitchens Screwfix Select

Raver here. In 1973 I was busy being born.

2. Phil the Paver

Phil the Paver Screwfix Select

Just a mere pup :p:p

3. plumberboy

plumberboy Well-Known Member

In 1974 I joined the skinheads that's when I was born.:)

4. tom.plum

tom.plum Screwfix Select

we rode down to harwich and saled to hook of Holland, we rode through Holland,belgium,Germany,Switzerland,France camping all the way, one of the bikes a BSA rocket broke down in Amsterdam on the homeward journey and we took turns towing it on a rope, A very enjoyable experiance, :)

5. plumberboy

I guess you would refer to that as THE GOOD OLD DAYS a Tom.;)

6. tom.plum

tom.plum Screwfix Select

well yes, good ole days to me, probly not to the Dutch,belgieums,crouts ,frogs and switz, they were glad to see us get back on the boat home, only joking they were all superb people, this was an era before football hooligans and the booze culture went to Europe and we were all well behaved lads who did't swear,spit or drink anything other than pop and water, we had no sat navs mobile phones or computers, but we got there and back using only maps, hand signs and mars bars, our biggest shock was not being able to get a meat and potato pie for two weeks, but we lived through it :oops:

7. plumberboy

:):):):):):)

8. ramseyman

ramseyman Screwfix Select

First bike 1929 BSA 557cc complete with sidecar. Bought for £5 in 1968, sold for £25 in 1970. Idiot.

9. plumberboy

How old were you in that picture then Tom.

10. Crowsfoot

Crowsfoot Screwfix Select

18? would be my guess

Anyone like to hear about my 1972 Red mobylette moped ?

Tappy,

11. plumberboy

I was thinking 40,only joking Tom:p

12. FatHands

FatHands Well-Known Member

Neither Tom. Fats wasn't born! :eek:

13. tom.plum

tom.plum Screwfix Select

I was 21 years old, born in 1952 and that was 1973, you can tell by the bike inthe foreground it has a 'L' reg which was brand new ,

14. tom.plum

tom.plum Screwfix Select

ya gotta admit we looked a mean bunch o hell angels but we were bike enthusiasts nothing more,

15. FatHands

mean to the core Tom :p:D

16. plumberboy

Yep its a great picture.

17. tom.plum

tom.plum Screwfix Select

here's a true story from that trip,

we followed road signs and rough guides from maps, we we're't bothered which way we went we just headed for cities in counties we'd heard of, Koln,Paris,berne,Amsterdam we were't bothered how we got there or if we got there we were driftin and because of that went through many towns and villages were people knew no English and we spoke no other lauguage either, this day in germany we needed some supplies, bread,butter, milk etc and called in a supermarket, now bread and milk are easily identifiable but butter in tubs we had to guess cos its written in German, It was a bad guess, when we opened the tub it was a kind of mixer of picked onion mixed with cabbage and cottage cheese, it was absolutly disgusting, another occasion i passed a bakers shop and bought what i thought was sausage rolls, but on biting into one of the half dozen i'd bought found out they were marzipan, Yeeeeakkkkk, another several marks down the drain, but as mentioned on another post mars bars were always identifiable, the writing was foreign but the wrapping was the same, good ole mars bars they saved our lives, :)

18. FatHands

lol, thats brilliant! I remember being (in Italy i think) and discovered cheese cake is literally cheese cake and not the sweet pudding we have in the UK. I was sick as a pig!

19. plumberboy

A Mars a day helps you work,rest and play.
    Ask Tom:)

20. FatHands

Love 'um! Is it me, or are they about half the size from about ten years ago?!

plumberboy likes this.