Wast of time on a quote

Discussion in 'Painters' Talk' started by proby, Nov 3, 2014.

1. proby

proby Active Member

Had a call on Saturday, need a quote on some papering you were recommended off a friend you did some work for. Ok I said I can come Monday and give you a quote. Got there and the job had been done already Oh she said should have called and told you not come I had it done yesterday, Sunday. Ok I said as long as he did a good job for you, yeah its ok he was here till midnight, wtf. Was he a proper decorator I asked, yes he used to work on the roads but decided to be a decorator and work for himself he dose tIles and laminate floors as well. She said sorry and said if there is any more decorating I will give you a call. Well I think I will just sit by the phone waiting then.

2. BLUEJACKET

BLUEJACKET Active Member

Bloody hell mate, Don't sit by the phone, she won't phone and if she doe's she'll have it done the day before you turn up!

Pain in the Ars* these people...

B J

Last edited: Nov 3, 2014
  3. supertosh

supertosh Member

Used to work on the road and decided to be a decorator. ha ha ha. Heard it all now. :rolleyes:

I wouldn't entertain a customer if they hadn't the respect to call me to let me know the work had been done.

4. proby

proby Active Member

Don't mind loosing out on a quote to another pro decorator, but when they decide I know I think I will be a decorator now, it ..ses me off. And the fact that it was the day after I had been asked to quote and he was there till midnight that says a lot.

supertosh likes this.
  5. supertosh

supertosh Member

Dont let it pish you off mate. Most of us have been shafted by Google/youtube trained brush-hands. Plenty of work out there for quality decorators without competing against these jokers. :eek:

6. tom.plum

tom.plum Screwfix Select

nowt so kweer as folk,o_O

7. joinerjohn1

joinerjohn1 Screwfix Select

"Used to work on the roads and decided to be a decorator."

Hmm I'm thinking of becoming a freelance brain surgeon... Anyone know where to start? :p:p

8. plumberboy

plumberboy Well-Known Member

My brain needs some work JJ,have you got the right tools for the job or will you be using your carpentry tools,I'm not bothered either way as I don't think your be able to do anymore damage.:confused:

9. Astramax

Astramax Super Member

No can't help with that one but thought I might try being a fireman on my days off!!!!!!!!!;)

10. joinerjohn1

joinerjohn1 Screwfix Select

I'm practicing to become a fireman... I've gone on strike. :p:p:p:p:p

FatHands likes this.
  11. supertosh

supertosh Member

Google, Youtube? pmsl

12. proby

proby Active Member

Had a job delayed not long ago because the plasterer they had was a fire man and they were waiting for him to be on the right shift:(

13. teabreak

teabreak Screwfix Select

Give-us his number I'm thinking of Tarmacing the lounge!:p

FatHands likes this.