Water pressure guage

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by Dave34, Oct 13, 2003.

1. Dave34

Dave34 New Member

Thinking of buying a water pressure guage 10179-72 page 218, can someone please tell me how these work. ie- what do you use to put air into the pipework to check it??

Also I want to remove a large quantity of tiles. I've seen them on DIY programmes using something that looked like a rotary hammer drill, is this what you use.

Many thanks in advance

Dave

2. sharpspark

sharpspark New Member

I presume that it was an SDS drill with roto stop. This means it can hammer without rotating, and it's a faster hammer action than an ordinary hammer drill. Basically a power chisel. Screwfix have one on offer at £29.99. It's cheap and will wear out but you could wear two out cheaper than an expensive one. I know of a Pro plumber who's used this one on that basis and recommends it. I've just bought one. It will drill a 25mm hole through brick in seconds and can be used to cut out for electrical boxes but the tools are expensive. A special tile removing chisel is available. A starter set of bits and chisels is available for £20 but I picked the same thing up for £12 on offer locally.

3. CDRW

CDRW New Member

I bought 1 of these pressure testers to test piperuns prior to refixing floorboards etc. I used a push fit stop end to stop up one end of the pipe and the pressure gauge on the other. A bicycle pump is OK for short pipe runs but a foot pump or small compressor (car battery powered tyre inflator?) may be better for longer runs. To test the pipes in a central heating system I closed the rad valves so that I did not have to presurize them ( I was only testing the pipe runs under the floor, the rad joints will be accessible after the floor has been re-fitted.

4. Dave34

Dave34 New Member

Thanks for the replies, the drill looks cheap and I thought it might come down to a manual pump for the pressure tester!

Cheers

Dave

5. just pumps

just pumps Screwfix Select

Post retrieved from 2003!