WaterSmith Bathrooms

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by TheBender, Sep 16, 2009.

1. TheBender

TheBender New Member

Got my Plumbfix catalogue through and have noticed Screwfix seem to be really pushing this new range....

Which is just their old limited range of gear in a seperate catalogue it would seem...

Sureley this is a waste of money on their part? Any one got any opinions on it?

Is it for fitters to give to customer's to impress them do you think?

2. imran_

imran_ New Member

Not when you look at the discounts they are offering, no.

Won't be pushing em to my customers.

3. Captain Leaky

Captain Leaky New Member

Buying bathroom suites on-line from anyone is too fraught with problems IMHO. Stick to sourcing branded suites from a decent local showroom where faults and exchanges can be sorted out quickly.

4. G Brown

G Brown New Member

I don't use Plumbfix. The phoning in is too much hassle. If it went online I might use it.

5. bathstyle

bathstyle Active Member

I have used Plumbfix once, they messed up the order, I made several phone calls to sort it out, bundle of tube came, damaged.

Latest Catalogue straight in the bin.

6. tackleburger

tackleburger New Member

Too dear now screwfix for most stuff. I used to do a few grand a year with them but merchants are doing better now on most stuff especially big ticket items. I buy the odd thing from both plumbfix & Screwfix couple of hundred quid every few months.

It all started when they changed a few small product lines and bumped the price, then I looked closer and found the price led marketing had turned into a con. Like other businesses they think if they say it often enough we are going to believe it forever even if it started off well.

The trade counters have clearly cost them in terms of overhead and my feeling is any expantion that rapid will take it's toll and someones eye off the ball and allow the buiness to drift from it's core competance.

Am I right?

7. tackleburger

tackleburger New Member

And what exactly is the point of plumbfix anyway? You can get a few different boilers, which we won't buy because they are about £80 dearer that the merchants. E.g ecotech pro with a flue & clock is £695 ex vat in pts. Plumbfix want £685 for the boiler alone. I could go on. I think Plumbfix is a waste of time. I transfer the fluidmaster pro's and do better deals on the boilers and make them all available in Screwfix the abandon the plumbfix con.

8. G Brown

G Brown New Member

I agree. Pointless

9. tackleburger

tackleburger New Member

I did an order with them then had to go to screwfix to get the fixings I wanted..just a joke.

10. bathstyle

bathstyle Active Member

Where does everyone get their Plumbing bits from??

11. G Brown

G Brown New Member

Grahams /PTS/City

12. tomplum

tomplum Active Member

i agree plumbfix have got it wrong, they only sell gas to gassafe plumbers, ok thats good, then charge more than s/fix who will sell to non reg plumbers,,kinbarmy.
    big glossy mags, with the small(vat not included) tucked in the corner,
    give us bargains, thats what we want, not glossy mags. ( unless they have * in )

[Edited by: admin]

13. TheBender

TheBender New Member

Latest Catalogue straight in the bin.

Can we all at least recycle the useless catalogues please fellas?!

Thanks for the comments - echoed what I thought. Cheers

14. bathstyle

bathstyle Active Member

It was, straight in the blue wheelie bin!

I like the way teh Mods took away the word '*' from Tomplums post :^O

[Edited by: admin]

15. ThreadJacker

ThreadJacker Active Member

Where does everyone get their Plumbing bits from??

I've started using my local merchants alot more these days altough when you buy at BES you can control your spending a bit more. Like when you ask for a list of stuff and you have your cash ready in your hand, you always have to get more money out when he hits you with the price. :(

My heavy online spending hasn't done me any favours regarding any kind of trade discount, no one is going to give you a decent discount if you dont spend much there.

16. imran_

imran_ New Member

I don't mind Screwfix, or BES, or h-i-e or a few other places. For small stuff and consumables Screwfix is fine - the merchants are always throwing some curveballs to rack up the price - blink and you've just bought Endex elbows @ £5 a pop.

The most important for me isn't the cheapest price, it's predictable price, service and stock.