Weather- rain

Discussion in 'Just Talk' started by Demonica, Jul 26, 2015.

1. Had a similar experience with wood pigeons and doves and raining dirty great turds

Demonica likes this.
  2. miss pickle

miss pickle Well-Known Member

Morning Monica :D hope its dry where you are so you can crack on with your sealing.
    Have a good day. I'm off to my shed this afternoon. Bit drizzly here :rolleyes: again.

3. Phil the Paver

Phil the Paver Screwfix Select

Sun is out here at the mo, bloody end of July what's going on it should be 30° not threating rain. :-(

Demonica likes this.
  4. miss pickle

I hope it don't rain on market day when I do my first stall :eek: gonna do one in august when all the gullible tourists are about :D we get a lot of those in Devon :rolleyes:

5. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

Where.

Use to poke my nose around Tavistock,Okehampton areas a lot, when my nephew was on the county chess circuit.

6. miss pickle

Tavistock is a good one :) actually there is a good indoor one there ;)
    Gawd knows how I'm gonna transport it all there though :( a bridge for another day.

7. miss pickle

Kiab did you see what happened to that mans orbital sander :eek::eek::eek:
    :oops: Scary

8. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

The pannier market in Tavistock, spent hours in there, use to be a nice there cafe, they did a lovely liver & bacon dinner.
    Is there still a farmer's market in Okehampton, been a couple of years since I been there.

9. miss pickle

The farmers market is in Hatherleigh, thats where i go to the auctions every other tuesday. The market is on every week though and yeah there is still a little one in Okehampton as well on a Saturday along the high street:)

10. miss pickle

We've got great grocers in okehampton. As cheap as lidl some of it and freshly pulled out the ground the day before :) so cheap and fresh! Still got all the dirt on it. Lovely organic stuff here from the locals. You have to have what's going though as seasonal and stocks are quite limited so I pop over there every other day :D

11. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

Hatherleigh ain't been there for a while, is this still around the area, seen it must be 6-7 years ago.

[​IMG]

Great Torrington was another place I liked, had a funny pannier market when last there.
    Barnstaple, use to go to craft shop there with sister.

Demonica likes this.
  12. Demonica

Demonica Member

Good afternoon

Well I was hoping to cracking on with the sealing but I've had to wait for the other half to come back from shopping and from the tip, yes it's stopped raining here,yey,but having to deal with constant pain through my body has made it difficult for me to even start the job this morning so I had to go back to bed. Going to try sort it out this afternoon hopefully once the lads have vacced out the car of bugs and stuff and the caravan moved so I can work on it. ;-)

13. miss pickle

Opposite the statue where the roadwork stuff is ..... That's all houses now :D

14. Demonica

Demonica Member

Wow nice piece of art work there. :)

KIAB likes this.
  15. miss pickle

Frustrating :( It will still be there tomorrow Monica :) hope you feel better soon. Glad to see you've got the men working ;)

16. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

Yes, it's simple, but it has that wow! factor, there another sheep statue nearer to me,Cannards Grave roundabout in Shepton Mallet, which I like, it's about six sheep, five white & one black.
    [​IMG]

17. miss pickle

Ooooh have you got a pic? Yeah the statue is still there in hatherleigh. About twenty or so houses opposite in the shape of a square. Nice looking tiny ones all in character.
    :)

Great torrington a lovely quirky place :D

18. Demonica

Demonica Member

Ha ha well I have started to clean the outside of it so far but I have a problem with the lock in the door of the caravan, my other half is getting frustrated to say the least. Other than that I have found a few dents on it and thar the roof has been bodged up.

19. Spookily enough I've chust come back from Torrington an hour ago - helping ma sis-in-law house-hunt.

Yes, nice place - a very nice feel to the centre.

20. miss pickle

The lock plays up on my dads too. Think its quite common with caravan locks :confused: not sure why? His has a few dents aswell now :( as for the roof he nearly took it off one day going under a barrier :D silly sausage. My brother had to fix it for him.