Website refusing to take orders again

Discussion in 'Screwfix' started by GM Tibbert, Nov 28, 2014.

1. GM Tibbert

GM Tibbert New Member

Not sure why, but once again I am finding that when I log in, fill my basket and then go to checkout, all goes well until I enter the Billing details. The "choose address" bit is blank EXCEPT if you refresh the screen, it appears for a fraction of a second before being blanked out.

Yes I cleared cookies, I even used a different browser.

This problem seems to be a recurring one, it might just be me but I would much prefer a simpler RELIABLE checkout process than all filled with javascript and little gizmos that have a knack of making it impossible to order.

Somewhere in Screwfix Website design, a Sales Prevention Officer is doing a superb job :)

**Update** It isn't just me, I asked a friend to place the order for me and I would collect from his house (all of three doors away) and pay him in cash. He too gets to the Billing page and is then told there is an error as he hasn't selected a billing address - and just like me, he is unable to enter anything as the box is blanked out :(

I can get most of the stuff from Toolstation but I did want to give you guys a go again. Alas your website doesn't seem to want to do business today. Again.

2. screwfix.peter

screwfix.peter Administrator Staff Member

Hi

Welcome to the Screwfix Community I hope you find our forum helpful.

Sorry you are having problems with our website, we have no known issues with our site and plenty of orders are being taken.

Please email websitefeedback@screwfix.com with full details so we can investigate and advise.

Peter