Well done Andrew

Discussion in 'Sport Talk' started by Sean_ork, Jul 7, 2013.

1. Sean_ork

Sean_ork Screwfix Select

2. surfermick

surfermick New Member

ok, who is he and what has he done, must be to do with tennis

3. joinerjohn1

joinerjohn1 Screwfix Select

Yes, the first Scot to win Wimbledon. ;)

4. Sean_ork

Sean_ork Screwfix Select

5. joinerjohn1

Sean , the real caption for that pic is "Who ate all the pies." (and I think the winner was Salmond, fat * (it's all those deep fried mars bars)

Message was edited by: Screwfix Peter due to unsuitable wording

6. Astramax

Astramax Super Member

Well done..........£1.6million, I should say!

7. Mr. Handyandy

Mr. Handyandy Screwfix Select

So that's why Cameron's rubbing his hands! half a million in income tax for the Gov. Djoko would have it abroad, no tax.

And Salmond's happy coz he's thinking "Scotland is gonna be independent(and we're taking Andy with us)."

Mr. HandyAndy - Really

8. joinerjohn1

Aye, but Salmond is completely wrong if he thinks the Scottish people will fall for his rhetoric. (mind you Cameron does no favours by telling Scots folk the price of mobile calls to England could go up if they do become independent, or that the EU might not accept Scotland into the EU ) etc etc. ;)

9. I honestly thought that picture was photo-shopped. Did Salmond really unfurl the Saltire?!

The more that disgusting political animal tries to make the 'Independence case', the more unsubtle and transparent he becomes - and that was from a pretty low point to start with. Sheeeesh.

(And, Mr Murray is a Unionist, he'll be dismayed to hear...)

Anyways, Andy Murray was never, and never will be, my favourite sportsman. 'Dour' doesn't even begin to describe the surly, petulant, foul-mouthed, arrogant child.

So it was that I spent the Wimbledon fortnight willing him to lose every match.

And I wasn't even going to bother watching the final as I knew it would just be unpleasant.

But, blimey. I had one eye on the opening game, and couldn't drag myself away.

I have to say, Andy won that match deservedly. And what a cracking match it was; exhausted just watching.

(But, he's still an ****. The first person he went to was Lendl - big embrace. Perfunctory hand-shakes with everyone else, and the briefest of pecks for his girlfriend. And she did well compared to his mum...)

10. joinerjohn1

Aw, come on DA, surely yer being very unfair on the dour,petulant,foul mouthed, arrogant,one. ;) Look at John McEnroe in the early 80's. foul mouthed, arrogant (in the extreme). Raquet abuse was commonplace during his matches, as were foul mouthed outbursts at match officials.  In reality, he wasn't quite like that, but used his apparent anger and rage, to fire himself up.
    Look at him now, commentates for all the big broadcasters. He's the epitome of professionalism. Age has perhaps tempered him, slightly,But in reality, it was all an act. I'm sure Andy's just the same. I bet you didn't watch his interviews on the BBC and ITV yesterday. Like watching a changed character.
    Makes one proud to be a Scot. ;)

PS, yer richt,, It wiz a crackin match.

11. Mr. Handyandy

Mr. Handyandy Screwfix Select

Petulant, yes. But petulance that shows that he feels the same way we do when we see him fail. Then showing it, so that we know he feels the same about himself. It's an awful trait(or limitation) but it proves he needs to impress to survive.

Mr. HandyAndy - Really

12. joinerjohn1

I remember last years final when Andy was in tears, because he felt he'd let us the great British public down. (even though there are a fair few of the GBP that don't like him)

13. JJ, McEnroe had a personality. Murray doesn't. He's a 'droid.

Tears last year?! You actually believe these were real?!! He'd been primed to 'show some emotion' or else he'd lose even more public sympathy. It was embarrassing...

The truth about the guy is shown by who he first went to after he'd won. And who received the biggest hug. By far.

There's only one person in Murray's life.

And that's despite the warm personality of his mum...

cough

14. tom.plum

tom.plum Screwfix Select

I've never watched a full game of tennis in my life, I think its a boring game and I'm clearly in a minority on that cos tickets for wimbldon are like golddust anyday of the fortnight, mrs plum however loves tennis and I'm banned out of  audible range of the tele for the whole of june/july, cos you've got the french matches, then the queens goings on, then somewhere on clay palava and finaly wimbledon, I don't get it, its the same old players hitting a ball over a net, then the same old competion hitting back
    But while she is distracted by all ' balls to you mrs jones' I'm in the garage on the laptop buying new guitars,

every cloud

15. joinerjohn1

Tomp, your missing out here mate. Ya wanna watch some o the women playing tennis. Short skirts, long legs. Bloody great entertainment Tomp. ;)

16. Good point JJ.

But don't you find that the way they grunt and go "aaaaahhhh!" with the physical effort, whilst a light sheen of sweat forms on their brows and they constantly lick their lips to keep them moistened just a tad, y'know, slightly, well...um...what was I saying?

17. joinerjohn1

Ahh, DA, those small beads of sweat , trickling down. make em look dead sexy. I love watching the womens tennis at Wimbledon. Tomp dunna know what he's missin. ;)

18. Sean_ork

Sean_ork Screwfix Select

Scottish tennis player Andy Murray ...

19. Drats - I missed it...

Anyways, anyone see that Aussie whip Nadal? The cocky git was brilliant :)

20. Sean_ork

Sean_ork Screwfix Select

that ''cocky git'' certainly had his wheat based breakfast cereal, and a few cans'o beans before kick off

Andrew appeared to have been suffering with a hangover today