wetroom

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by mike angove, Sep 23, 2014.

1. mike angove

mike angove New Member

Good Evening all,
    I'm DIY'ing a self build project and am approaching the installation of a wetroom. I've done a lot of construction in the past but nothing with a wetroom. I'm hoping someone may be able to advise me please?
    I have a small downstairs wetroom to complete. The whole floor space is currently finished in concrete with a drain pipe popping up to one side. The floor is 150mm below the FFL of the adjoining hallway (i will build a studwall betweeen the two).
    I have purchased a marmox 900 x 900 showerlay with dallmer horizontal drain. My plan is to shutter off a 900 x 900 area where the shower tray will go. Then put celotex and concrete into the non showertray area to bring the level up to 5mm off the hallway FFL. I will remove shuttering and connect dallmer drain, then box off the drain and concrete the showerlay area up to 17mm off the concrete level in the rest of the room. Then remove the drain box and concrete the trap in so the trap sits flush with the showertray concrete level. Finally fit tray and screed the rest of the room to the shower tray level.
    So... does this long process sound correct? Any easier way to do it please?
    Can you recommend a floor screed or levelling compound to use?
    I will use tile backer board on the walls. I presume i should seal the joints. what should i use to waterproof over the conrete?
    Many thanks in advance
    Mike

2. G&W Plumbing & Heating

G&W Plumbing & Heating Active Member

You need to tank the floor