What bath taps are these?

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by shadowfax, May 24, 2015.

1. shadowfax

shadowfax Member

Hi all,
    i have just moved house and when the wife was cleaning the bathroom (as all good wives should) she said she couldnt turn the bath taps on. Neither could I.
    Have they been sealed off or something like that?
    They are rounded at the top.
    Thanks for any help offered.

Peter

Hopefully there will be a photo attached.

Attached Files:

• TAPS.jpg
      TAPS.jpg
      File size:
      167.8 KB
      Views:
  2. tom.plum

tom.plum Screwfix Select

I'm not sure of the make they are but they're probly seized if they won't turn, try pulling upwards and the domed chrome cover might come off and reviel a nut underneath that will unscrew, but before you do anything make sure youknow where the stop taps for both hot and cold waters are, you don't want to be running round the house like headless chickens looking for the stop tap and water gushing from the tap you've just broken :)

3. shadowfax

shadowfax Member

Thanks Tom I believe they are Dolphin taps. Well the shower above is.

4. shadowfax

shadowfax Member

Update.... Found the stop taps for hot and cold.
    I used a footprint wrench and slowly applied pressure on the nearest tap. I felt a little give and stopped,turned by hand and it turned on.
    Did the same with the hot tap but needed more pressure and that turned on as well.
    The hot tap kept dripping when turned off so will have to look at that later.
    I managed to get the top of the taps off, just the small domed bit moves. The rest was just decoration.
    I sprayed Wd 40 on the tap body and will try that in a day or two to change the washers.
    best wishes to all my readers.
    Peter