What is the current cost to install a new combi boiler?

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by Lyn Ratcliff, Jun 23, 2017.

1. Lyn Ratcliff

Lyn Ratcliff New Member

What is the current cost of removing the old boiler and installing a new combi boiler?

2. Astramax

Astramax Super Member

You would need to provide more information of your requirements.

3. Swap a combi for a combi, around £2k.

Change from a conventional to a combi, around £2.5k+.

You can find cheaper. And you can find a lot more expensive.

4. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

If you like showers at mains pressure,then consider a unvented cylinder & a system boiler will give you plenty of hot water, better than a combi,cost might be a bit more,even with a combi, cost can vary,depends on your present system pipework,location of new boiler,etc.

5. I like a shower at mains pressure - water bouncing orf my head - so I have a combi :p

6. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

Some combi's will struggle with the flow.

7. Mine isn't huge (ooh-err, missus) at 30kW, but gives a genuinely powerful 'power' shower.

Of course, turning on another tap affects it, but not really a problem in practice.

8. Lyn Ratcliff

Lyn Ratcliff New Member

I have seen a boiler that I like and it also has a flue kit with it, but I just want to know how much it might be to install it.

9. Phil the Paver

Phil the Paver Screwfix Select

The trouble is its impossibe to give you price via a forum, there are so many factors that we can not see or even hazard a guess at.

Get yourself 3 quotes and go with the middle one, if you have confidence in the person quoting.

10. CraigMcK

CraigMcK Screwfix Select

Where did you see the boiler, if it was in a big orange shed I would not bother.
    Get quotes for supply and install that way you have only one person to call if it fails.

longboat and KIAB like this.
  11. Glad its Friday

Glad its Friday Active Member

So you liked the look of the boiler!!!! Most people stick them in a cupboard, shut the door and forget them, looks are the least important point.
    You liked the look of it 'cos it was cheap.
    Get something with a bit of quality, look for a warranty of 5-7 years, possibly 10. You'll spend a bit more now but much less in the medium to longer term.
    Makes, Vaillant or Glowworm, Veissman. Be guided by your installer.

12. Lyn Ratcliff

Lyn Ratcliff New Member

Thanks for your opinion Glad its Friday. What a waste of space you are. The one I saw had a 10 yrs guarantee, and wasn't cheap at all. So, you know nothing at all.

13. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

:eek::(

14. Tee-hee.

Fair do's, GiF didn't know what make he was sla**ingorf.

Lyn, chose a combi size that'll give a good hot water flow. They will all reduce their power to suit smaller radiator systems, but if you want a decent hot water flow - for a superb shower, for instance - then I'd recommend 30kW upwards.

Time to call out a few GasSafes for quotes. Listen to what they say and how they say it - and are they listening to you and what you want, or are they assuming too much and chust going 'their' way? Make them justify all their decisions if you aren't clear about the thinking behind it.

You can report back on here afterwards with your findings, and perhaps we can guide further if needed.

Basically, go with your 'gut'. Tho' ideally also backed with some good customer recommendations!

15. leesparkykent

leesparkykent Well-Known Member

nothing worse than a customer supplying their own gear...

16. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

upload_2017-6-25_11-41-12.gif

17. yozzer

yozzer Member

I paid £1150 straight swap took him 4 hours

18. leesparkykent

leesparkykent Well-Known Member

What boiler?

19. yozzer

yozzer Member

Ideal logic plus 30k 7 year warranty

20. yozzer

yozzer Member

£500 for 4 hrs work not a bad earner don't you think?

leesparkykent and longboat like this.