What Kitchen Would Experienced Kitchen Fitters Recommend?

Discussion in 'Kitchen Fitters' Talk' started by anthonyjones2989, Jan 4, 2016.

1. masterdiy

masterdiy Screwfix Select

Well after all the faffing around, (howdens, b&q plus others) we have found a guy who reconditions your Original doors, & draw fronts. Strips & cleans repaints & vinyl's, to original colours.
    He assures me that any doors not spot on will be replaced.. 30+ yrs experience. And he is only 5 miles away from me. If he cant repair he will make a new matching door. After all they are only mdf.

Just need some nice black worktops & all is good to go.

Will let you know how things go.

2. My main line of work now is a worktop cutting & fabrication service which also includes worktop supply if required. Www.WORKTOPMAN.CO.UK. Where are you based at?

3. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

4. My sincere apologies to chippie24 & anybody else who I might have offended with my post. Last night was the first time I have ever entered into any kind of forum. I am now presuming that the term 'spam' is a derogatory remark to me? I was merely trying to help someone who has a problem that I could help with.sorry.

5. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

Apologies accepted.
    We are here to give advice not advertise. :):)

6. I have just figured that out! You have to learn the hard way in life but keep your humour throughout! Thanks for the help.

7. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

Not a problem mate and welcome to the forum. :):)

8. Thanks again Chippie.

9. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

Your advice will be very welcome.
    It's nice to have new contributors with a good attitude :)

10. Thanks. I have just over 30 years experience in the trade. It's nearly all based around kitchens, whether that might be fitting , assembling or manufacturing them.its really good to read about related problems & then hopefully be able to advise or receive advice from like minded folks.

11. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

12. MalcyB

MalcyB Active Member

Going back to the OP.
    We fitted a kitchen from Jackson Shipley. Reall nice units, came made up, nice and square, drawer runners were even installed for us.
    We also did a B&Q kitchen using the click together units, if you had to modify one it turned into a nightmare. Not impressed with those.

13. barcyn

barcyn Member

Just had kitchen re-furbed with DIYKitchens units. Not far over half the price of Howdens and quality equal to or better. Once you get the hang of their website it becomes easy. I also found their service very good. Reliable delivery and replaced a drawer front with no hassle even though damage was very slight.

14. Pigkeeper

Pigkeeper New Member

15. Pigkeeper

Pigkeeper New Member

Hi I’ve been fitting kitchens for 30yrs. It’s such a competitive industry that, within a price range, they’re all much the same. Recently I fitted a Wren kitchen and was impressed, but I know that their record for sorting out problems is not good. IKEA kitchens have their drawbacks but also have some plus points, high volume storage, for instance. Howdens chief advantage is that, for the most part, you can get it ‘off the shelf’ and can change units easily.
    In other word there’s no simple answer to which is the best.
    Sorry to be unhelpful!
    Pigkeeper