what sells crisps

Discussion in 'Just Talk' started by tom.plum, Nov 9, 2014.

1. tom.plum

tom.plum Screwfix Select

we've seen 'free range chicken' crisps, the packet also has pictures of veg and healthy foods to create a sense of ' this is good for you' and your average overwieght couch potato just might buy this thinking its an healthy option,
    now I'm not well educated, never been to higher education i left skool at 15 years old and struggled wreeding and riting till i came here and Mr Devs taught me a goodly amount of basic grammar, but even I know there's no chicken in chicken crisps, they flavour them with chemicals ( yuk), well anyrode, mrs plum came home today with some unbelievable crisps,
    We've been visiting Canada now for a few years cos our sons moved out there, its a great place to live, fresh air,clean and tidy towns,no big drink culture,tolerant people, most folks don't lock their doors cos there's not much crime, but the one big down fall of Canada,USA , is you can't get a decent bacon butty nor boiled ham, I don't know why a Canada pig is the same as an English pig but the bacon and ham just don't taste right, So I was very suprized when mrs plum came home from Asda this these crisps today,

[​IMG]

2. plumberboy

plumberboy Well-Known Member

Do they taste good though Tom,or not up to standards.

3. tom.plum

tom.plum Screwfix Select

I dunno PB, I don't eat crisps,biscuits,cakes,pies and pasties ( I know a Wiganer too), mrs plum buys them for our son who lives with us, any tips on how to get rid of him? he's eating us out of house and home, i've tried painting his room bright yellow but it did't work, :(

4. plumberboy

Ha Ha!!! Not sure how to get rid of him Tom,may be your not charging him enough house keeping money,or may be Mrs plum is looking after him too well.
    I left home at 18 I couldn't wait to go my own way,mind you my mums cooking was bloody awful,I'm sure she could burn water that woman.:)

5. tom.plum

tom.plum Screwfix Select

its not the cooking PB, mrs plum thinks the fire alarm is the cooker timer, we go through pans quicker than throw away paper food trays, but he lives off <<freezer-microwave-scoff>> meals, he's 28 and built like a horse but he's still our baby, I' don't what we'd do if he left,,,o_O

6. plumberboy

You'd have more room in the freezer that's for sure.;)
    What does he do for a job Tom??

7. tom.plum

tom.plum Screwfix Select

he calls himself a freelance troubleshooter, in reality he's a wideboy, bit of a del boy he can get anything you want at a price you can afford to pay, he's lost more money than he's made and guess who finances all his get rich quick schemes? :(.

8. plumberboy

Oh dear oh dear oh dear,better make sure he doesn't find out about your Tomagnarad then Tom think of the revenue you would lose.;)
    I sure he'll find his path in life,but you may have to change the door locks when he next goes out.:p

9. tom.plum

tom.plum Screwfix Select

I would't have it any other way, he's a good lad, never brought trouble to the door,he's 18 stone and plays rugby league and heavily into sports,doest drink much,doest smoke doest do drugs his only vise is he likes a flutter on the horses, he's never brought a girl friend home because he's worried what they'll think of me, I can see his point there,<<< here's my dad in his elvis suit making videos inthe greenhoues>>>>, :(:(

10. plumberboy

Fair play Tom he sounds a good lad for sure,but Elvis in the greenhouse there's nowt wrong with that, as long as you've got Peter Parker on backing vocals.:)

11. big all

big all Screwfix Select

compleate load off testicle lol
    made with free range chickens
    what does that actually mean ??
    well the only part involving free range chickens will be the taste so can be no more a small fraction off 1% as an additive to the "flavouring " used
    or perhaps they use the fat they have cooked the free range chicken in ??
    in other words the only connection with free range chickens is the unwanted byproducts used to process the chicken used again

12. joinerjohn1

joinerjohn1 Screwfix Select

Ahh Tomp, I remember when I took the first love of my life home to meet me mam n dad. I were brickin it, cos me dad was a right practical joker. That plus the fact she thought I was English (learnt to speak like a native within weeks of moving to England, but spoke with a broad Scots accent at home) Mum and dad were pleased as punch that I'd finally met a nice girl,, (if only they knew ;);)) . One Christmas time we were having a party at home and me and my lady were sat near my dad. I felt her hand take hold of mine, so I gave it a nice gentle loving squeeze. She responded with a squeeze back. This continued for about half an hour. I looked down, :eek::eek::eek: My bloody dad was the one holding my hand :oops::oops: He burst out laughing (as did the rest of the family who'd seen what was going on) Christ I reckon me face was redder than the reddest traffic light. My dad's 84 now and still the practical joker (although he never holds me hand now) :p:p:p

Deleted member 33931 likes this.
  13. Harry Stottle

Harry Stottle Screwfix Select

Sounds like you've got a great Dad JJ, I wish I still had mine, he died a few years ago and he was a real joker too. One night near general election time he went round swopping the "vote ...." signs in people's gardens so that next morning the Labour voters had Conservative notices in their gardens and vice versa.

Deleted member 33931 likes this.
  14. Cheburashka

Cheburashka Active Member

Blimey! your bird must have had big hands if you could confuse them with your dad's hands :D

15. tom.plum

tom.plum Screwfix Select

I followed the rule of ' not well endowed men' get a girl with small hands, so your little bits will feel big to her, :)

16. joiner1959

joiner1959 Active Member

I know how you feel. No 1 son is still at home, nearly 24 and mrs joiner still thinks he's her baby. Smokes like a chimney, drinks like a fish and could probably bring home a different woman every night (when the scruffy faither is out obviously)
    The main plus for having him at home is he's a butcher. On Monday night came in with a leg of pork, a chicken, pack of duck breasts, 2lbs of steak mince and pack of lamb chops. Maybe suffer it for a wee while longer.