What the bliddy hell is this?!

Discussion in 'Builders' Talk' started by BiancoTheGiraffe, Feb 26, 2017.

1. BiancoTheGiraffe

BiancoTheGiraffe Screwfix Select

I was shocked mate!

I tried to take a few bags of plaster to the Newcastle tip and it was closed so went to the next one (about half a mile further away from the address) and was told I shouldn't be there as it was a "Stoke on Trent tip" not a "Newcastle tip"...

Thankfully they let me dump everything anyway (after taking my name and vehicle reg!) but said next time I'd have to go to Newcastle dump and pay their fees...

What a joke! And they wonder why there is a fly-tipping problem!

KIAB likes this.
  2. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

3. Joe95

Joe95 Screwfix Select

Agree with the fly-tipping point. The amount has gone down around here, mainly as there has been more enforcement on it.

I get charged £10 just to bring the van in. It makes sense now with the Crafter, but I thought it was unreasonable for the Caddy.

4. BMC2000

BMC2000 Screwfix Select

That looks like AIB. that's a professional removal job under fully controlled conditions, your dump won't take that gear of you.

Stay away from it, test it, take advice.

PaulBlackpool and KIAB like this.
  5. BMC2000

BMC2000 Screwfix Select

Ps, get someone competent to test it and do a survey to see if there's more.

6. GordonK

GordonK Member

Same prices down here in Dorset ....very little gets dumped for any more..even rubble gets charged for..

7. PaulBlackpool

PaulBlackpool Screwfix Select

In Blackpool a householder can get a rubble permit for a nominal £5 per year and then dump three 25kg bags a month !
    I have built a new utility room and had two big skips.
    I am just finishing a kitchen complete renovation and it does not warrant another skip.
    The rubble sacks are going down very slowly.:rolleyes:

8. diymostthings

diymostthings Well-Known Member

I concur - suspiciously like white asbestos. MUST be checked out before you go anywhere near it.

BiancoTheGiraffe likes this.
  9. BiancoTheGiraffe

BiancoTheGiraffe Screwfix Select

Cheers mate.

I'm not touching it asides from sticking in in a bag to send to a lab!

10. TenBob

TenBob New Member

Bianco the place to go is the HSE website and type in Asbestos Essentials, there is loads of advice about how to deal with asbestos. people don't realise what a killer this stuff is, I've known 2 people who have died from mesothelioma and its not a nice way to go and could I also suggest that you take an asbestos awareness course lasts about 2 hours, so that if you come across any suspicious materials again you will be better informed of what to do

BiancoTheGiraffe likes this.