what vent is this...Methane vent maybe

Discussion in 'Landscaping and Outdoors' started by andyinknotts, May 1, 2016.

1. andyinknotts

andyinknotts New Member

Hi all this is right near my house about 3 ft away on the neighbouring land about 6 ft high and 4inch diameter... Its filled in with cement and concrete...house build in 1910.......mining area in the ppast...can anyone enlighten me as what it could be.....dense population area...on land where no house built.. all the street terraced mostly..land owner said washing line post lol....old lamp post....looks like a vent if some kind but filled in....

Hope someone can help.

Thanks IMG_20160430_104727063_HDR.jpg IMG_20160430_104727063_HDR.jpg

2. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

Last edited: May 1, 2016
  3. andyinknotts

andyinknotts New Member

Hi nothing just thought I would put it in garden and landscape......I looked at the mapping link you sent me and as I'm on my mobile Phone I cannot really see much when I type my postcode....I'm getting searches local authority and coal search so hopefully that will bring something up.

4. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

Just make sure you tick mine entry & abandoned mines on the link, found two shaft up the road from me,you can click on the red crosses for more details.