whats in your pockets?

Discussion in 'Tool Talk' started by C Windsor General Builder, Mar 29, 2015.

1. tom.plum

tom.plum Screwfix Select

and that's a fact plumberboy, you take a professional like a policeman,doctor,pilot,politician, all highly paid people but have to behave in a manner fitting their job, I mean, would you catch a pilot saying, " hoi galley wench is kettle broke " or a doctor saying to a patient " you lungs are * " , we plumbers swear,spit,wee in tanks,arrive on the job when WE want to get there and go when we want, charge what we like,flood peoples carpets,burn their skirting boards,spill sludge all over the front garden,flatten the flowers with bags of rubbish,drink tea all day and pinch tea towels from ever house, and if anybody moans about us, we don't come back when they need us, :):):)

Edited due to unsuitable language.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 30, 2015
  2. plumber-boy

plumber-boy Well-Known Member

Sounds like you've meet most of my customers Tom.:)
    Your right about the tea towels, I ended up with a Stanley tape measure the other week and still don't know where it came from.:D
    You can't beat a freebie.;)

3. tom.plum

tom.plum Screwfix Select

that's why people love us PB

Video removed due to unsuitable content.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 30, 2015
    plumber-boy likes this.
  4. plumber-boy

Spot on Tom, they all love us though when the heating or hot water don't work or they've got a leak, or we bring their tea towels and tape measure back.:)

5. tom.plum

tom.plum Screwfix Select

yea, i think i'll be in trouble when admin see it though, but that's plumbers for you, its in our make up, cheeky but not offensive in my view, but twice in one day might get me a yellow card, :oops:

6. plumber-boy

I wouldn't worry Tom, I got band for seven days a few weeks back.:eek:
    I think it must of been for my bad spelling of swear words.:oops::)

7. tom.plum

tom.plum Screwfix Select

I'm not worried PB,
    as we say up here in Wigan,
    as one door closes, make sure your fingers are not in it, :):)

plumber-boy likes this.
  8. malkie129

malkie129 Screwfix Select

Tom & PB, you both sound like you're a bit like me. Half the job is about getting on with people & whether it's getting on with the lady/man of the house or the site engineer. Just the same !! ;)

9. plumber-boy

Yes Malkie it's all good fun and part of the job.

10. tom.plum

tom.plum Screwfix Select

that's exactly right malkie, and it works both ways, if I don't like a customer/site agent, i'm not working for him/her no matter how much they want to con me out of, :oops:

11. Welshdragon1

Welshdragon1 Active Member

It's different when your working for an employer, as you got to go where your told :(

12. malkie129

malkie129 Screwfix Select

Yeah Wd1, I've always worked for an employer, but it's still the the same. No, I couldn't walk off the site, but it was much easier if I could have a good repartee with the site engineer, so it's all about getting on with people.

13. Welshdragon1

That's so true Malkie, however it isn't always easy as the other party might not like playing nicely

14. Lectrician

Lectrician Screwfix Select

I like to carry a pencil sharpener :)

15. Welshdragon1

Stanley is always at hand for when I need a pencil sharpened ;)

16. Im self employed so i could just pack up and pee off (edited due to unsuitable language in advance) whenever i get fed up with a customer but sadly im in a one horse town and your good reputation can be torn to shreds in five minutes so sometimes youve just got to smile sweetly and nod your head (and call them all the four letter words you can think of in your head) :)

17. plumber-boy

Looks like your in trouble Tom, that's plumbers for you.;):)

18. Plumbers always in the **** just the depth that varies hahahaha

KIAB and plumber-boy like this.
  19. plumber-boy

We love being in trouble and living life on the edge.:)

20. tom.plum

tom.plum Screwfix Select

like my vid, everybody hates us, even admin, :D