Where to buy lime putty mortar

Discussion in 'Builders' Talk' started by NAF, Apr 12, 2006.

1. Chirpyminton

Chirpyminton New Member

Thanks for the reply, you are the second person that pointed me in that direction today!

I cannot recommend Castle enough, I left a message and their tech advisor rang me back and spent nearly half an hour on the phone with me explaining everything. After 20 yrs in the building trade and doing the same old **** jobs every day it was a great privilege to learn something completely new and for free! Also refreshing to speak to someone who knows his product so well.
    I placed an order with them almost immediately via a local merchant.

Another string to my bow and the customer was impressed with my knowledge, just got the painstaking task of applying the stuff now...

2. scottish stonemason

scottish stonemason New Member

you can buy your lime mortars from a company called masons mortars in EDINBURGH in scotland who stock everything that you will ever need.just do a google search and you will find their website.They always will also send the materials to you at a very reasonable cost and advice is always on the other end of a phone from them.

3. fingerpost

fingerpost New Member

I have used this bloke before. Its in sussex so local to me but they do delivery.
    http://www.chalkdownlime.co.uk/
    Be prepared to get another mortgage though

4. Dan Brown

Dan Brown New Member