Where to get metal corrugated sheets for garage roof of the same size and profile as shown in the ph

Discussion in 'Builders' Talk' started by RobDiyNovice, Jul 27, 2016.

1. RobDiyNovice

RobDiyNovice New Member

I would be grateful if anyone can advise where I might be able to get metal corrugated sheets of the same size and profile as shown in the photographs (the approx profile measurements are towards the end of the next paragraph, in which I explain what I want them for and why I can only approximate their size). Thanks in advance.

My house has an early 1970s garage, which is situated at the end of a block of garages. At the front half of the garage the roof consists of the original asbestos cement 3 inch profile corrugated sheets and at the back half of the garage there are replacement 3 inch profile cement fibre corrugated sheets. Recently a neighbour's workmen damaged and put a fairly large hole through one of the original asbestos cement sheets at the front half of my garage. The sheet in which the damage occurred is the front sheet that is adjacent to a garage belonging to one of my other neighbours. For the time being, in order to keep the rain out, my neighbour’s workmen over-covered the damaged panel by fixing new lightweight corrugated metal sheeting, consisting of three overlapping sheets, running from the back of my garage roof to the front of it (see photographs). It is my understanding that the workmen were ‘moonlighting’ and I cannot contact them to find out where they got the metal corrugated sheets from. I should like to be able to get more of the type of metal corrugated sheets that they used in order to fix them over the rest of the existing roof but I have not been able to find such metal corrugated sheets anywhere on the Internet. The metal corrugated sheets are approximately 183 cm long and 109 cm wide. The width between each peak is 16cm. The depth from peak to trough is 4.5 cm. As can be seen from the photos, the sheets have a large enough profile to cover the original 3 inch profile sheets without fitting tightly. Does anyone know where I might be able to get metal corrugated sheets of the same size and profile (as shown in the photographs below)?

IMG_20150706_142622670.jpg IMG_20160725_094551361 (1).jpg

2. sospan

sospan Screwfix Select

They look like standard profile corrugated sheets. You can look on the internet for "metal cladding suppliers" or "farm yard building suppliers". Some builders merchants will also facilitate the order for you. The sheets are normally delivered to the exact length you need so no worry about cutting

3. philthespark

philthespark Active Member

Depending on where you are you may get them cheaper from a metal reclamation company,In Wigan there is a company (Ainscough metals) and they supply everything from roofing sheets to rsj's all at reasonable prices,there may be a company near you,have a look in the phonebook.