Where To Get Seals For Turbomax Plus Plate Exchanger?

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by woodbine66, May 20, 2017.

1. woodbine66

woodbine66 New Member

Much as the title says, really. I'm after the seals for the 824E plate heat exchanger (coffin shaped). There are 4 seals, three rubber o rings and a fibre washer. Are they available anywhere? I can see the o rings for sale, but not the fibre washer. Can I buy the 4 as a kit? Is the fibre washer a standard size, if yes, what size is it?

Thanks for any help.

2. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

woodbine66 likes this.
  3. woodbine66

woodbine66 New Member

Apologies for my late reply and thanks for your help.

I ordered the 3 o rings from the site you suggested, and for the fibre washer, I just ordered some ordinary 3/4" ones from Ebay that should do the trick.

Yes, it is getting on a bit. It replaced a Sine in 2004, and as far as I'm concerned, it's the last quality boiler that Vaillant made. Had a few teething problems in the early days with sticking and banging diverters, but these were replaced under warranty by the manufacturer. Since then, I've added an external expansion vessel as the built in one failed. Latest thing is the hot water performance dropping off and burner cycling. I have a cleaned plate hex to put in, hence the need for seals. Aim to get a few more years out of it. Probably be replaced with an Intergas, as the Vaillant quality isn't there any more. Brother in law had no end of grief with an Ecotec that is half the age of mine.

Thanks again.

4. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

Got a Ecotec Plus 824 from 2008 been brilliant, never broken down,only new part fitted was a HW heat exchanger last year, & new pump, as gas bod dropped the old one.:rolleyes:

woodbine66 likes this.