Forum Support Where.

Discussion in 'Support' started by Mr. Handyandy, Oct 21, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mr. Handyandy

Mr. Handyandy Screwfix Select

....is the 'More' in the recent activity list? I get here and want to check back to last nights posts, and can't.

Mr. HandyAndy - Really

2. screwfix.peter

screwfix.peter Administrator Staff Member

Hi

If you are looking at your own recent activity, it's at the bottom of the list under 'show older items'.

Peter

3. Mr. Handyandy

No. I'm looking for the recent activity on the home page. Coming to the home page, one can scroll down and see the late posts from the previous evening, but anything earlier(say 10pm) can't be seen. There used to be a 'More' link which would show earlier posts.

Mr. HandyAndy - Really

4. joinerjohn1

joinerjohn1 Screwfix Select

Handy, just go through each forum eg Carpenters Talk, Electricians talk, Plumbers Talk. When each forum opens the posts in each one are all in chronological order. I'm sure you'll find what your looking for. Just in case, here's a nice video to watch
    ;)

5. screwfix.peter

Hi

If you want to see all posts in date order. On the tabs at the top left of the home page under the screwfix community logo, use the forum tab then use new posts, at the bottom you can look back at older posts.

If that's not clear please advise me and I shall post some pictures to help show you how to navigate tomorrow

phoebe goldup likes this.
  6. screwfix.peter

Also you can use the watch thread option in future if there is a thread you wish to follow.

7. Mr. Handyandy

That'll do. Found the older posts. Like I said, the link for older posts used to be at the bottom of the recent list.

Mr. HandyAndy - Really

8. joinerjohn1

SF Peter. can you explain (in simple terms) how the conversation feature (on my inbox, top right) works please? Is it similar to the inbox we had on the old forum? (and does it/can it, remain private??

PS where's me medal gone off the last forum?? :p:p

9. joinerjohn1

Handy, look in yer inbox (top right)

10. Mr. Handyandy

You will know by now that i did. The test seemed to work ok. I have now opted not to accept conversations or emails from conversations.

(ain't got time for all that :))

11. joinerjohn1

Cheers Handy for helping with my little experiment. Yep I'm a bit perturbed that SF Forums should send emails out when someone sends you a PM (conversation) Hopefully SF Peter will let us all know what to do regarding these (can we opt out of receiving emails for conversations , but still receive conversations? I notice the inbox flags up red when there's something in there (until you read it) ;)

12. Mr. Handyandy

Yes you can opt out by going to your contact details.

Mr. HandyAndy - Really

13. screwfix.peter

Hi

HandyAndy is correct to change your preferences for conversations, go to the 'Contact Details' in your profile to amend your settings.

Peter

14. joinerjohn1

Thanks Handy and SF Peter. I found the preferences bit last night and set it so I don't receive email notifications. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.