Which is the best type of roller for Dulux Bathroom Ceilling paint?

Discussion in 'Painters' Talk' started by sharpharp, Aug 16, 2016.

1. sharpharp

sharpharp New Member

The Paint is a White Sheen.

The ceiling is smooth, so do I use a Foam sleeve or Polyester sleeve on the Roller to apply it?

Anyone offer up which roller and sleeve would be best to do a bathroom ceiling to apply Dulux Bathroom + Pure Brilliant White Soft Sheen Emulsion Paint 1L.

Also, what's the best way to do the corners and edges? I initially used a paintbrush and masking tape (Tessa), but the brush left streaks...

thanks

2. I suspect a short-pile fibre roller.

For corners, use a brush as you have before (there's a good vid on another thread showing how to 'cut' into corners without using tape (yuck...).

What I tend to do is to have a mini-roller as well, fitted with a short-pile roller. If it has fluffy ends, I trim these orf with scissors first. I then cut in with a brush and immediately roll as close to the wall as I can get with the mini roller, ensuring I feather out the paint on the ceiling side. The mini-roller can get to within 1cm or more, and this is usually enough to not make the brushed part obvious.

3. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

You can get mini paint rollers lke the Rota Premier concave foam roller, it has concave end so no tramlines, on from SF competitors.