which nail gun

Discussion in 'Carpenters' Talk' started by bloggy 320, May 13, 2015.

1. bloggy 320

bloggy 320 New Member

Hi guys
    Thinking off buying 1st fix nail just wondering if any one has used the hitachi one or bostich ,not sure i can justify the price for paslode any help be grateful
    cheers

2. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

3. goldenboy

goldenboy Super Member

Dewalt every single time now. I have had Paslodes, Hitachis and Bostitch. The Dewalt is an amazing piece of kit. I have the 2 speed version and its worth every penny

4. R.W_Carpentry

R.W_Carpentry Active Member

I agree with goldenboy, the dewalt is great and no gas to bother with.

5. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

I do like the Dewalt 18v nail guns, it's the way to go nowadays.

6. goldenboy

goldenboy Super Member

Paslodes etc are finished really. Give it 5 years and they will be like ni cad batteries. When you see the Dewalt in action esp in the cold its a no-brainer. XR second fix is rumoured to be out later this year. That will be the start of the end for Paslode/Hitachi/Bostitch second fix too.

Gatt likes this.
  7. wiggy

wiggy Screwfix Select

8. bloggy 320

bloggy 320 New Member

Thanks for reply think will try dewalt

9. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

10. goldenboy

goldenboy Super Member

Just make sure you get the most upto date package as I know some places are selling the nailer with 4.0ah batteries and some are doing them with 5.0ah batteries. Last year they were doing a free 5.0ah battery offer and this year they were giving a free heated jacket (for any big girls blouses who need one!)

11. Bds101

Bds101 Member

Don't touch hitachi second rate rubbish

12. bloggy 320

bloggy 320 New Member

Any one bought of tool stop see they have interest free credit for 6 /12 months might be less of a dent in wallet at about £50 & month instead of paying in one go

13. Big Dunk

Big Dunk Active Member

Used toolstop a few times and no problems. Always paid outright for my tools though.

14. goldenboy

goldenboy Super Member

bought off them plenty.good firm

15. mr moose

mr moose Screwfix Select

Can't wait for that Dewalt XR 2nd fix.

16. goldenboy

goldenboy Super Member

Its got to be coming soon. My old Dewalt 18v second fix is hanging on for its life. Then again it has probably put maybe half a million nails in!