which sikkens please

Discussion in 'Painters' Talk' started by smokeyone, Oct 15, 2016.

1. smokeyone

smokeyone New Member

Hello

Several years back I used a Sikkens wood stain in the garden, shed, garage doors etc, Great stuff, still going strong and moss does not appear on it either. It was thicker than ordinary wood stain, probably a teak type colour almost maroonish with almost the consistancy of paint. Had a choice of colours.

I now need to do my bare wooden window frames but I think Sikkens have rebranded their range - any ideas please which type it might be - they have around a dozen to choose from -

Thanks

2. Astramax

Astramax Super Member

May be best to contact Sikkens Tech dept as many products suffered changes in the 2010 VOC compliance rules. You say several years ago but was the product oil or water based?

KIAB likes this.
  3. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

The Sikkens range is a nightmare to understand.

Compare that to Osmo range, it's so easy to choose what you want.:)

4. smokeyone

smokeyone New Member

Thank you both for trying to assist - have already been in touch with Sikkens and they tried to be helpful but they were somewhat stuck -
    best guess would be oil based - going by the consistency being closer to paint rather than your normal wood stain. Oh and it wasn't Cetol
    7 plus - I purchased a tin to try out ....

Thanks again