Who for New England Manager.

Discussion in 'Sport Talk' started by KIAB, Sep 27, 2016.

1. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

Who would you have for the new England manager, now Sam has resigned.

Gareth Southgate will take charge of the men's senior team for the next four matches against Malta, Slovenia, Scotland and Spain...

2. sospan

sospan Screwfix Select

Donald Trump may be an option in a few weeks :eek:

3. Mr. Handyandy

Mr. Handyandy Screwfix Select

Sepp Blatter is still at a loose end innhe?

Mr. HandyAndy - Really

4. sospan

sospan Screwfix Select

Seriously, it is a poison chalice. Roy Hodgson seemed to be a decent guy, yet still hounded by the press. You have to be scrupulous clean both in public and private life, get on well with the press and also have a proven record as a successful coach - attributes not often go together these days in football.

There aren't many that will put their name forward at the moment

5. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

Very true, & who ever they appoint, he won't have the guts, like the managers before him to kick out the old guard, Rooney, etc & bring in some younger talent, there are some brilliant younger players who will sadly be overlooked for a England shirt.

6. sospan

sospan Screwfix Select

Yep, too many relying on their hype to be in the team. Just have to look at Iceland and Wales, one or two good players all the rest just give their all for the team. Win or lose, if the team has given their all that is all you can ask - sadly the one thing that England teams haven't had for a long time - probably since Venables.

KIAB likes this.
  7. sospan

sospan Screwfix Select

Saw Sam A. give an interview earlier on, he was asked are you going to remain in Football ? Interesting that the FA have not launched an inquiry with the potential for a ban from the sport like Dean Richards in RU.

8. joinerjohn1

joinerjohn1 Screwfix Select

Mary Berry's at a loose end when GBBO finishes. :D:D:D:D:D

9. PaulBlackpool

PaulBlackpool Screwfix Select

OK he was greedy but I really don't agree wholeheartedly with this entrapment business. I would say that the entrappers are a third as guilty as he is two-thirds guilty.
    It is an artificial situation like the Pakistani cricketers fell for some years ago.
    It is the same with "honey" traps.
    There are enough temptations in this life without resorting to contrived ones.

parahandy and longboat like this.
  10. longboat

longboat Screwfix Select

I don't suppose we'll ever find out how much he receives, to keep stum.

11. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

They now have a long list of past & present managers, others taking bungs, so expect more surprises.:)

12. Bertiebasset

Bertiebasset Member

Southgate will do a decent job, i think Alan Shearer could be in the mix too, also heard vibes around Hoddle, but he has been out the game a while now, still undecided about Gary Neville

13. sospan

sospan Screwfix Select

Alan Shearer failed at Newcastle and isn't a proven manager Glen Hoddle too much baggage from his last attempt at managing England and his personal life would be a distraction.

Southgate as well is unproven (1 club and sacked) then U 21s and doesn't have the presence with the media and I doubt the status to manage the relationship with the premiership clubs.

14. Sparkielev

Sparkielev Screwfix Select

Wenger should get it I reckon

15. sospan

sospan Screwfix Select

That will be the guy that hasn't had much success for 10 years and the press rounded on a few months ago trying to get him sacked :(

It really is a poison chalice to whom ever takes it on.

There is one person in the country whom could do it and has all the correct credentials but however, is now no longer a coach / manager

16. Mr. Handyandy

Mr. Handyandy Screwfix Select

Nah, I'd like it to be at least someone with an accent we can understand.

Mr. HandyAndy - Really

17. Sparkielev

Sparkielev Screwfix Select

True but he plays football the proper way not the back passing side passing drivel most England managers come up with and he used to getting stick from press I would of said rednapp but he bigger crook than allerdyce

18. sospan

sospan Screwfix Select

The only person whom comes to mind is Alex Fergusson. Successful, hard nosed with both the press and players. However, probably doesn't fit in with the FA sycophants and time has probably passed him now