Who needs friends

Discussion in 'Electricians' Talk' started by Biochef, Jul 29, 2014.

1. Biochef

Biochef Member

One of my best mates built a large extn on his house ten years ago I was giving him a hand and i insisted on re wiring old lighting circuit it was part conduit and T&E it had been chopped and altered over the years so I explained it had to be re done due to no earth continuity and connector block at every joint and no junction boxes anywhere
    It needed done urgently because the loft was going to be the new bedrooms and cables were going to be covered with flooring he and builder ganged up on me and insisted I leave as is because it's working and if it works leave it alone so I walked away from job and never returned
    Now his wife is on Facebook trying to get someone to certify it LMFAO so they can sell house
    The sad thing was he had a beautiful family and he didn't care for safety all brass light fittings and switches
    Why o why do people put there family at risk for the price of a drum of 1.5 cable it makes me angry :mad:

2. Sign up on FaceAche under another name, as a potential sparky and start asking some very basic and insightful Qs...

3. Biochef

Biochef Member

Good idea Never thought of that, then I can put the fear of god into them
    Funny how he never asked me to do it I could have some fun here ;)

4. Coloumb

Coloumb Screwfix Select

Part P came into affect in 2005 so any work before that, no matter how shonky, wouldn't need certifing as would any previously installed electrical work. If the buyer is worried about the electrics just get a PIR done. If they had work done after 2005 then it would need certifing so, tbh mate, I don't really get this at all.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2014
  5. JP.

JP. Screwfix Select

6. Supra

Supra Member

I couldn't live in a house with wiring like that and just leave it, how stupid can people be!

7. Biochef

Biochef Member

Live in Scotland so none of that part P rubbish :)
    He could get a report done but it would flag up too much I think he is looking for one of they guys that get you passports and false driving licences

Last edited: Jul 30, 2014
    FatHands likes this.
  8. FatHands

FatHands Well-Known Member

lmao