Who said I was paranoid?

Discussion in 'Just Talk' started by philthespark, Jun 29, 2016.

1. sospan

sospan Screwfix Select

So many interesting stories, always surprised me there has never been any programs made.

However, still grates that never made any money out of the force in camera films that went onto be a tv series and videos, we used those for years as driver and motorcycle training and didn't think they would be allowed to be released to the public let alone commercial use.

2. philthespark

philthespark Active Member

I think some of the stuff that happens should be shown as it would be a damn good deterrent to stop some of the stupid things people do,but as public information films,not to make money for tv companies,there was one time and there was a crash on a motorway,I wasn't there but a good friend was.A rear seat passenger in a car that had been involved in a multi vehicle shunt was screaming,he ran over to assist and there was blood everywhere,she was screaming for her baby,it was nowhere to be seen,just blood and gore everywhere.It transpired that she'd had the poor baby on her knee and the seatbelt was around both of them,you can work out the rest,I've told that story a couple of times when I've seen people do that,believe me they soon put the child in a proper seat.
    People used to ask me how I dealt with some of the stuff I've seen,my answer was always the same, "as long as there are stupid people about there'll always have to be people like me to pick up the pieces"

3. sospan

sospan Screwfix Select

Wife used to be an Nurse and got the other side of it as well - both grim and the "I came out of the bath with a towel around me and fell thats why the object is wedged inside one of the orifices" and surprising how many blokes vacuum especially naked and had accidents with said vacuum - the in joke used to be was it " a Dyson or a Goblin?"

4. philthespark

philthespark Active Member

There was a classic involving a bloke who rolled up at hospital with half a dozen large steel washers on his old lad,god knows what he was doing. Anyway the restrictions prevented his,'swelling ' from going down 'the fire service were called and this young female firefighter walked in carrying a large pair of bolt croppers'the bloke fainted apparently. LOL

5. sospan

sospan Screwfix Select

One way to make it shrink and the washers off. Surprised one of the nurses didn't come out with a giant needle that would have had me become ingrowing. Nasty pieces of work nurses, been together just short of 40 years and genuinely have the scars.

philthespark likes this.