Why do we bother

Discussion in 'Just Talk' started by flateric, Jan 30, 2015.

1. flateric

flateric Well-Known Member

This is a conversion one old small building converted into two even smaller dwellings, I put a price in at £1500 per dwelling to do a full install. Ok it was not a massive job pretty straight forward. I heard nothing from the builder, so I thought you can't win em all :( I later found out the job was done for £600 per dwelling [​IMG]

2. tom.plum

tom.plum Screwfix Select

either you like a big profit margin ( but at £1500 i would't say so) or somebodies slipped up big time or the most likely is the eastern Europeans are active in your parish :(

3. metrokitchens

metrokitchens Screwfix Select

Miners helmet for the lighting £25
    Six gang extension lead £15
    Coat-hanger for the TV aerial £0.20
    Plenty of profit at £600.
    Sometimes the quotes are just not like for like. Never join the race to the bottom, someone will always get there before you.

FatHands likes this.
  4. flateric

My philosophy is " for nothing I can stay at home and do nothing " On this occasion I shall be :)

5. flateric

I don't know Tom I saw it as a pretty good job ....... But for that amount it was a p*ss take :(

6. FatHands

FatHands Well-Known Member

Probably a job worth staying away from Flats mate. It can't be the same spec as yours for £600. I know price is a factor people always look at, but if its the only factor probably not customers you want anyhow mate ;)

flateric likes this.
  7. flateric

Its probably a buy it bodge it flog it and vanish job .......... Kerching cash in the pocket never to be seen again.

FatHands likes this.
  8. FatHands

FatHands Well-Known Member

couldn't have said it better myself mate ;)