Wilsonart Earthstone

Discussion in 'Kitchen Fitters' Talk' started by Hudson's Joinery, Mar 18, 2014.

1. Right Experienced fitter with Corian Tops started fitting Earthstone about 2 year ago
    Now on there Graphite and Nordic Melange Top only on the curved ends I keep getting a line about 0.2mm that is visible
    Method of fitting
    1, Cut work top with curved worktop jig
    2, Wipe edge and curved edging strip( aka Hockey Stick) with Alcohol based spirit
    3, Apply Adhesive to worktop edge
    4, Using 5 3 Way clamps to clamp edge to worktop and duct tape leave to set
    5, Sand and polish

Never had this on Corian Top Any ideas ppl !!!

2. joinerjohn1

joinerjohn1 Screwfix Select

Is this edging, the pre curved edging supplied by Wilsonart ? Are your router bits as sharp as possible? Are you using the (supposedly) colour matched adhesive supplied by Wilsonart?

3. Yes to all 3 questions
    they say u can have a 1mm line but its not good Never seen a line before with Corian Tops various colours

4. joinerjohn1

joinerjohn1 Screwfix Select

Hmmm Corian is undoubtedly the leading product. Colour match is always excellent with it. Must admit I've not used Wilsonart Earthstone, so can't comment on the colour match of the adhesive.. Seems like the adhesive is a slightly different colour from the top/edging, so the glue line is showing. ;);)

5. HA HA I said that to Wilson art even sent photos and batch numbers as fair as they are concerned they are well fitted ends that I am doing and I must be a really picky installer. Even brought this up in a wickes meeting and other fitters agree with the Colour not been matched