Window cleaner

Discussion in 'Just Talk' started by facilities, Aug 5, 2017.

1. Lynton?

Niiiiiiiiice :)

2. facilities

facilities Guest

Yes DA Lynton/Lynmouth beautiful! weather forecast not to good today so taking the girls for some retail therapy to Barnstaple,

Nightmare journey down just as we pulled of the M5 onto A361 they closed a section of it due to a bad smash, driver of the car had to be cut out then accident investigation people had to do there bit, we were diverted through South Molten it was about a 3 hour add on, but no matter how bad it was for us it was a lot worse for the poor people involved in the crash

Deleted member 33931 likes this.
  3. P J Thompson

P J Thompson Active Member

A trip to Watersmeet would be well worthy from there.
    The A361 is a nightmare. So many serious collisions :(

I'd have gone m5 Taunton - a358 and on up porlock hill. The 358 is slow but pretty.

KIAB likes this.
  4. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

A361 is ok, it's the idiots who use it, & Porlock hill can be a nightmare at times.

I normally use B3224 from Bishop Lydeards to Simonsbath down to Brayford into Barnstaple,lovely drive across Exmoor.

And another good is across Dartmoor to Tavistock, stopping at Bodmin Jail for lunch,( use to be very good meals) you got kids they can explore the old jail.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2017
    facilities likes this.
  5. facilities

facilities Guest

Yes PJ done that route many times only problem this car fully loaded won't pull you out of bed so I'd not fancy Porlock or the Lynmouth to Lynton hill,the A361 route is 20 miles further but much quicker except on this occasion.

Kiab, your suggestion sounds good may give it a try

6. facilities

facilities Guest

We always visit Watersmeet we walk from Lynmouth then on to Rockford and Brendon, a lovely pub in both villages :)

P J Thompson likes this.
  7. P J Thompson

Sorry fac, didn't realise you're a regular.
    Get what you mean about the car and those hills. I was on a bus at lynton once and we all had to get off and walk up the hill cos the bus couldn't Carry us up :D

Yup kiab, that b road over the moor is lovely. Especially like the area around Wexford and simonsbath.. Iirc the road's not that busy either.
    As for the 361 I agree it's ultimately drivers but the design is as bad as the ilminster bypass. It encourages speed and craziness.

facilities likes this.
  8. P J Thompson

Across Dartmoor to tavistock...stopping at Bodmin jail???

That's some detour for lunch :D

Still, it's a detour into a far better county :D probably the worst town in the county but heh :p

9. That was the third serious crash in just about a week along the same stretch.

The earlier two had fatalities.

There is no rush.

Enjoy your break, and take it easy.