Window Sill Cover plus other Trim

Discussion in 'Other Trades Talk' started by meowork, Oct 27, 2016.

Tags:
  1. meowork

meowork Member

Hi,
    Im sprucing the kitchen and looking for some black finish shiny plastic I could buy to form a new window sill over existing sill. Also same material for some other uses to match worktops. Does anyone know what I could use and needs to be about 200mm wide by about 10-15mm thick. Ideally in length then I should be ok to cut lengths required myself (but not the width which is why I mentioned 200mm). Prefer a solid material self coloured black as dogs tolerant etc.
    Thanks

2. DIYDave.

DIYDave. Screwfix Select

If you google 'upvc facia board' there's a big choice out there (or also know as capping)

Not sure about shiny though but black is definitely available

Only problem with this upvc stuff when used as sills it can scratch pretty easily and then it looks a mess

Often with upvc window installs people go for timber / mdf sills as they just look better and can be painted during their lifetime

Can you simply paint a timber sill with high gloss black - or have it sprayed

Also look at 'Duropal'
    They do a massive range of wall cladding boards and splash backs that may be suitable. Not sure regarding a trim for front edge though ? Good luck