Wire fencing - How to fix / attach

Discussion in 'Landscaping and Outdoors' started by Peter Lewis, Apr 6, 2016.

1. Peter Lewis

Peter Lewis New Member

Hi guys
    1st post so take it easy
    Just purchased some pvc coated wire fence 1.2m height with the plan to fix direct to an existing block wall of c.800mm high. Purpose of fence is to stop / deter my Springer Spaniel from popping out when she hears someone down the drive, the temptation is just to great..!!
    Can uou advise best method for fixing to the block wall, some kind of cleat & screw I guess.? Don't want to fix timbers if I can help it. ...

Cheers in advance for any assistance
    Pete ;)

2. Phil the Paver

Phil the Paver Screwfix Select

There are numerous clips available that would do, can you post a pic of the fence you've got and I'll post a link to one that will suit.

3. Peter Lewis

Peter Lewis New Member

4. Phil the Paver

Peter Lewis likes this.
  5. Peter Lewis

Peter Lewis New Member

6. Phil the Paver

The 2nd one down should do you.

It sounds like you going to have about 500+mm of the mesh above the wall, i hope the wall is nice and strong, otherwise if the dog jumps up and pulls on the mesh it might pull the wall over.

7. Peter Lewis

Peter Lewis New Member

Thanks again Phil. Checked when I got home & wall is 900 + copings so no more than 300 above which should be ok.. Yea. ?