Wiring Wireless Stat

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by blomoff, Jan 18, 2015.

1. blomoff

blomoff Member

Hi,

I have just bought a wireless stat. Honeywell CM927. It is to go on a Worcester Bosch 24CDi to replace the current Honeywell CM907 as we have decorated and think the thermostat is better placed in another room, but running the cable for it isn't as simple so bought a wireless one.

Cant really find a diagram of the boiler so has anyone fitted one of these to a similar boiler and can offer any advice on how and what to connect where? I believe it needs 2 wired connections to the receiver.

2. Jitender

Jitender Screwfix Select

Have you got the BDR91 relay box?

3. Dave does Gas

Dave does Gas Screwfix Select

You will need to have 220v to the reciever and it is wired into the ST 10 terminal on the boiler, remove the link and wre it into Ls Lr Lr on the block

4. Jitender

Jitender Screwfix Select

Note the link between L and A on the relay.

Worcester Bosch Boiler.jpg

5. blomoff

blomoff Member

Hi, yes there is a receiver with it in the box.

The current thermostat wiring to cm907 is still attatched to the boiler, can I reuse this cable And wire to reciever?

6. sam spade

sam spade Active Member

Are you thinking of installing the receiver where the CM907 is now located? If so, you need three wires: Live, Neutral, and Switched Live. You may already have them if there was a mechanical stat originally in the same location. Remove the CM907 from its backplate and look for the third wire.

7. blomoff

blomoff Member

not where it is at moment but more near boiler. The cable still there that goes to the current 907, just longer as it goes down through walls.

So if cut it as its long then wired near boiler, will check how many wires, as used to be mechanical one so am sure when put 907 in there was 3, but only used 2

Last edited: Jan 27, 2015
  8. Jitender

Jitender Screwfix Select

The relay needs a neutral connection. The Honeywell CM900 range only require a 'Live' and 'Switched Live' feed for a combi boiler setup. You need to see what wires you have at at both ends as you need 3 core cable.

If you don't feel confident it would be best to hire a sparky, you don't wont to risk damaging the PCB.

9. fidanh

fidanh New Member

Hi all,

I am using this post as I did not want to open up new one, as they are related. Previously I used to have the Salus500ROF thermostat and decided to go for Evohome Multi Zone kit. I have setup all zones in the controller and the gateway for mobile use. However, I have not yet installed the wireless relay BDR91 to control my heating pump (burner) as I am not sure of the wiring. The picture I attach was the wiring for Salus500rof wireless thermostat. As per the Jitender's uploaded diagram can I use the same logic and wire N to N, L to L, COM to A (linked to L); and NO (switch) to B?

Would this work and if not any suggestions? I do not want to burn the BDR91...

Attached Files: