Wise words

Discussion in 'Just Talk' started by Deleted member 164349, Dec 9, 2016.

1. Not trying another Brexit thread, just an overview of where we are.

No great fan of Cameron

But these words I think are quite well said. I think they are quite pertinent, whichever side of the argument you sit, or even if you sit on the fence.

He said a mixture of economics and cultural arguments had influenced the British and US votes, but in Italy "it's more connected with the euro".

How 2016 goes down in history "will depend on what political leaders do next," he said.

"If they put their heads in the sand and say: 'Well this will pass and we just carry on the way we are,' then 2016 will be seen as a real watershed.

"But if, as I believe will happen, our democracies are flexible enough and our leaders are aware enough, they will correct - 'course correct' as I put it - the problems that they face.

"So you will see a greater emphasis on trying to help those who are left behind."

Euro turmoil

But he warned: "If leaders don't take that approach - perhaps particularly in Europe - then it could go down as something quite different."

2. Phil the Paver

Phil the Paver Screwfix Select

Absolutely was about the Euro and who can blame them.
    Since the crash the US economy has grown 14%, The UK around 6%, The European Zone 0%, There's even a risk it's slightly in negative growth.
    I would say that most countries that now use the Euro would stop and revert back to their own currencies if they could.

The Euro is dead in the water and will bring down many with it, thank.God.we leaving.

KIAB likes this.
  4. If the US economy has grown by 14%, Phil, how come they've got Trump?

5. Phil the Paver

I've no idea, but it has.

6. Would be interested in those figures, but not really the point i was making :p

7. Phil the Paver

Wasn't really my point either, just saying the Eurozone isn't performing so Italy voted against it as would many others given the opportunity.

8. Harry Stottle

Harry Stottle Screwfix Select

They've got Donald Trump because he has given them hope that America will be great again. I'm sure that he'll turn out to be a much better president than most people expect.

9. I'm not saying it hasn't been 14% - tbh I've no idea how much it's grown by - but what I am saying is your post contradicts itself.

You cannot claim the EU's woes (and Brexit) on the lack of growth in theses countries and/or the state of the Euro, whilst at the same time dismissing Trump in the US (the EXACT SAME EFFECT) whilst they have had huge growth.

It doesn't add up.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 10, 2016
  10. Hi Harry.

We missed you. It was becoming far too sensible on here :)

CGN likes this.
  11. And, as every analysis - except the most ridiculously imbalanced sources where you clearly like to lose yourself - has explained, the Italian ref had nothing (or very very little) to do with the EU. It was about the power of the state and a kick at their current Prime Minister, Renzi.

12. And while we are at it (I was going to ignore this as I frankly couldn't be arrissed - but you do go on and on...), to see you trying to now claim it's all about the Euro when we all know - from your countless posts on here what it's really about for you - is laughable.

Sorry, Phil - I'm not having it. All about the Euro, was it? The Leavers were concerned about the effects of the Euro? Don't make me laugh. I simply do not believe you. As if most of them could even think that far.

We all know why most Leavers voted the way they did, and we all know what made most on here vote the way they did too.

You made you bed - we all see you lying in it.

13. Phil the Paver

Next time you see your Doctor, ask Him/Her to up the dose, you clearly have trouble understanding what's been written.

How in God's name did you get from the Italian vote to Brexit through my reply.

You're so hell bent on trying to make out Leavers are unable to have a sensible reasoning that you are convincing yourself that post we have written relate to subjects that they have no reference too, this is only leading to you looking silly at best, but a total bigot at worse, so stop it.

14. "Absolutely was about the Euro and who can blame them." Your post #2.

"Wasn't really my point either, just saying the Eurozone isn't performing so Italy voted against it as would many others given the opportunity." Your post #7

What else do you need? A shovel?

Phil, I don't need to be hell bent on anything. You have provided all the evidence we need to make our judgement. And we all know what drove your anti-EU stance.

To try and now claim that you were a thinking, considered individual and were worried about the 'Euro' is laughable at best.

Deleted member 164349 and Joe95 like this.
  15. Anyhoo - as it happens I am on medication so I find your cheap comment there to be BANG OUT OF ORDER.

(I ain't really - but I thought I would chust try another classic Leaver technique...:rolleyes:)

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 10, 2016
  16. Joe95

Joe95 Screwfix Select

Is it too keep your arthritis under control? All this typing must have damaged both you and your keyboard:p:p:p

17. Phil the Paver

You have completely lost the plot.
    What has my response to this thread #2 got to do with anything other than the Italian vote.

How do you get to leavers blaming the Euro from my reply, I'm really interested how you think it does, this thread is about Italy, not Britain, not Brexit.

As for being on medication, if your not you should be.

longboat likes this.
  18. Phil the Paver

Shame, if it was an offensive remark, i might give a s*** but it wasn't, so.

gadget man likes this.
  19. joinerjohn1

joinerjohn1 Screwfix Select

Is this the same Cameron who promised that he'd stay at the helm and take us out of the EU? (then deserted his post the same morning at 9 am?) Probably lying through his teeth (or at least his speech writer is)

20. longboat

longboat Screwfix Select

It's probably the effects of too much 'medicine', the single malt, variety. ;-)