Wise words

Discussion in 'Just Talk' started by Deleted member 164349, Dec 9, 2016.

1. koolpc

koolpc Super Member

Exactly. Too difficult for you to comprehend

2. koolpc

koolpc Super Member

DA stands for = Doomed Atheist!!! lol :p

3. joinerjohn1

joinerjohn1 Screwfix Select

DA, I'm not going to do your googling for you. Not whilst you have a working computer and a set of fingers attached to your hands.

4. koolpc

koolpc Super Member

One of his hand is busy choking the chicken! LOL :p:p:p

5. Joe95

Joe95 Screwfix Select

I didn't agree with you either, but after googling 'will the euro collapse' I was surprised how many articles had been written about it.
    Many have got useful figures and compare it to previous Euro struggles.

I now too believe the euro will fall apart.

6. All I'm asking for, JJ, is to back up your scurrilous claims with something other than chust wishful thinking. Or else you'll appreciate I'm equally free to dismiss it without comment.

There are some peeps on here who have a religious belief, and then consider that's all they need to justify it.

Fine to both.

But don't expect to be taken seriously.

7. I wonder if you got the decimal point misplaced ref 14% growth?

The US economy advanced an annualized 3.2 percent on quarter in the three months to September of 2016, up from 1.4 percent growth in the previous period

8. Joe, if you Google anything in this world, you'll find countless articles that'll cover it.

In any case, if the EU or the Euro collapses then that's what's called a self-fulfilling prophesy (you can Google that too if needed). "See that bottle on that wall? I believe it's gonna fall. (removes bricks from below it). LOOK! I KNEW IT - IT FELL!"

And, should it happen, those who'll be to blame for this most planet-shattering of political events would be those who listened to Farage and Gove and IDS and their ilk and not to reason when they ticked that box.

They did this for a number of reasons - sometimes pure despair at their condition, sometimes anger at the 'establishment' (that still makes me laugh, as Farage, Gove, IDS etc ARE the 'establishment'), simple hatred, suspicion, racism, a mindless kicking-out, or simply because they were conned into thinking that the EU was a nasty establishment that was somehow 'out to get them' with their 'laws' and 'human rights' and rools, or - for many - it was a deluded idea that the 'past' was a glorious time - halcyon days - so much better than today.

A few - a very few - did some calculations and actually reckoned they'd worked out that Britain could genuinely be better off outside the EU, but those these were few and far between. And even then they did not consider the political damage that could be caused to the world, our very futures.

9. The UK, not quite the 6% you mention?

UK Q3 GDP Growth Confirmed at 0.5% The British economy advanced 0.5 percent on quarter in the three months to September of 2016, slowing from a 0.7 percent expansion in the previous period and in line with the preliminary estimate.25 Nov 2016

Obviously we look at different information sites

10. And the EU

GDP growth unfazed by political developments in Q3
    The Eurozone economy shrugged off any early Brexit contagion in Q3 as GDP growth remained steady. The common currency bloc grew 0.3% in Q3 over the previous period, unchanged from Q2’s result

11. Are you saying that Phil's carefully-chosen but still inaccurate figures of 14% US, 6% UK and ZERO% EU was to try and make an anti-EU point?

That he then messed up?

Sheeesh - who would have believe it of the guy...

12. longboat

longboat Screwfix Select

Growth over a period of 7-8 years.
    Not 3 months!

13. No I didnt say that, I just used some well known and respected sites for a check on the figures. I didnt write the articles, just quoted.

Wait a minute, if I put in a quote then I wrote it? So on balance, yes

Deleted member 33931 likes this.

14. There are lies, damned lies and statistics. And enough exploring of the figures will prove anything you want, if you are very selective.

However, these 3 figures are repeated anywhere you want to look, based on the same period, and are genuine.

You are welcome to put in any figures you like. Are mine wrong ?

15. Not what about the implications, mentioned in the last sentence of his quote?

Very carefully being avoided ? I wonder why

16. Are you supporting Phil's post (#2) where he first brought this up, Longs?

17. longboat

longboat Screwfix Select

I'm sure the figures you quoted are spot on, but you put them on here in an attempt at proving Phil's stat's to be incorrect.
    Now, I haven't checked yours or Phil's claims cos I don't need too, I believe them both.
    14, 6 and 0% since the crash, as was clearly stated and your comparing them to quarterly growth figures, deary me, you do know that's what the 'Q' means, don't you?
    Well, you do now!
    :p

18. longboat

longboat Screwfix Select

I ain't checked, so I won't say they're definitely correct, cos I don't know.

19. You said in post #57 that you "believe them both."

20. longboat

longboat Screwfix Select

I do, there's no reason too not believe them.
    Do you think they're wrong?