Worcester 15sbi: can't get water to fill up pressure

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by nthurlow, Oct 15, 2017.

1. nthurlow

nthurlow New Member

So noticed the hot tap and rads have stopped working, looked at boiler and noticed pressure level at 0. After a bit of to'ing and fro'ing with the filler key and the two knobs on either side, I've tried to get the water to refill to get the pressure up but it just isn't coming through. Any thoughts?

It's got an old large filler key with one of the top bits snapped off and I can't seem to get it to lock once in place, it just turns and turns. I made sure both knobs either side, one black (which was leaking) and one grey were tightened (both were loose), then turned the grey one anti-clockwise while filler key was inserted but no water whooshing sound, any advice?

2. leesparkykent

leesparkykent Well-Known Member

3. nthurlow

nthurlow New Member

Thanks, found that first and did all that to no avail

4. The Teach

The Teach Screwfix Select

You might just get away with that key with some caution.

Only use the grey filling knob and the filling key,no need to alter any other knobs/handles.
    Confirm that the grey knob is actually turning the spindle its attached to.If it is make sure its turned off remove the filling key and grease the 2 o rings with silicone grease or vaseline.Make sure the key pushes in far enough,it will stop.

With the key pushed in and turned to the filling position (video above) ,slowly turn the grey knob whilst keeping the filling key firmly pushed in it may fly out followed with a lot of water (remember the lug that holds it in is broken).

5. nthurlow

nthurlow New Member

Okay managed to get the filler key to lock into place and then turned the grey knob counter-clockwise and still no whoosh of water

6. Mike83

Mike83 Screwfix Select

Is the water main to the boiler maybe turned off.

7. nthurlow

nthurlow New Member

I don't think so, was working just fine on Friday. How would I tell? is there an inlet valve into the boiler itself I should check?

8. The Teach

The Teach Screwfix Select

They can seize up in the closed position,seen it a few times.worth checking as the grey plastic handle will just spin around doing zilch.

Have you got any water running from your hot taps ?

Something may have been turned off under the boiler in error but the built in filling link could be faulty.

good luck,

9. nthurlow

nthurlow New Member

Had a plumber come out, turned out apparently they turn off another inlet valve on the boilers "just in case" which I didn't know about. But that actually wasn't the problem, the circuit board needed to be replaced as it wasn't sending signals to the boiler to turn on. All sorted now, thanks all for your ideas.