Worcster Bosch Boiler Price Increase from May 2015

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by Jitender, Apr 24, 2015.

1. Jitender

Jitender Screwfix Select

I have been told from my local plumbers merchant that Worcester Bosch intend to increase the price of the boilers from May ( they reckon a price increase of between 5-10%).

2. plumber-boy

plumber-boy Well-Known Member

They're trying to recoup some money back for all the heat exchangers they have to keep replacing.;)

KIAB likes this.
  3. Jitender

Jitender Screwfix Select

Yea I saw first hand today the crud in the condensate trap in Worcester Boiler 28i, bits of aluminum from the HE.

I will be having it serviced Monday, so will upload a picture of the crud that comes out.

4. plumber-boy

plumber-boy Well-Known Member

;)

5. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

Thank goodness I have Valliant.:rolleyes:

Dave does Gas likes this.
  6. Dave does Gas

Dave does Gas Screwfix Select

Without a doubt the EcoTEC's are the best boiler on the market, it's just the Worcester have the bigger marketing budget which is how the have become such a market leader.
    When it comes to service and repair the Vailliant is by far the user friendly.

7. Jitender

Jitender Screwfix Select

8. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

That doesn't look good.

9. Jitender

Jitender Screwfix Select

i have had some experience with Baxi duotec. I know these are Tom plums favorite, I found them to be of good build quality, stainless steel HE and it came with a rigid filling loop, also it was supplied with all pipework making connections more easier with a 7 year warranty, cant go wrong. BAXi duotec 24HE cost £696 including a horizontal flue, compared to a WB 24i junior Cost aound £870 The older WB Junior boilers didn't come with a hot water temperature control.

10. Jitender

Jitender Screwfix Select

That all came out of the condensate trap.

I am seriously thinking about getting aa Baxi Ecoblue Advanced boiler (10 year warranty).

11. Dave does Gas

I have had issues with Baxi in the past and won't go near them, if you want a decent boiler with a long warranty look at either a glowworm ultimate of an Ideal logic

12. Glad its Friday

Glad its Friday Active Member

I agree with DDG. That aluminium in the condensate trap on that Worcester looks quite light compared with some we've seen. You have to be registered with Glow-worm to be able to offer the 10 year warranty, works out about the same price as the Ideal Vogue (which also has a 10 year warranty). The Glow-worm Ultimate is our preferred boiler these days (shame it is not available as a 24kw), bit early to say though how reliable its going to be and how good Glow-worm will be about their warranties. Time will tell. The Vaillants work out slightly less expensive than the Worcesters, but are far, far more solid and better quality. Only my opinion though :rolleyes:

13. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

Only consider using Vaillants here.
    Over the last 25 years I have had various houses here & there, all have had various Vaillants, not one has ever broken down, they have been excellent & reliable, present place has a 824 EcoTecPlus for the last five years.

14. Dave does Gas

Thats a relativly clean one Jit. Some of the ones I get to in student lets have never been done.
    The reason for the potential price rise is that the have a new model of the Junior coming out.

15. Jitender

Jitender Screwfix Select

I contacted Worcester Bosch today, they will be discontinuing selling the 24i and 28i Junior models, these will be replaced with a 25i and 30i model from 1st May, they have brought out these new 2 model to meet the new regulations on efficiency in August/September.

16. Gareth Lennon

Gareth Lennon New Member

Some merchants will still be selling the 24i and 28i's as per on-going agreements with WB but will probably be phased out late 2015 early 2016 - parts still provided as per guarantee cover.

Spoke to a someone in Cardiff who purchased over 30 24i's and 28i's and will probably look to sell via online channels. Jitender I think you had one last week.

I still think WB are top of the pile.