works a bit slow so,

Discussion in 'Just Talk' started by tom.plum, Jan 11, 2016.

1. tom.plum

tom.plum Screwfix Select

I wrote an appliction letter for a job in a warehouse, could you give me any tips to improve my chaces of finding work?

howdy
    I’m looking for work, I need an income but I’m not very clever, I can lift and carry and go all day on 2 weetabix and a few cups of tea, I’m reliable,honest and concienchus but a **** speller,
    the main drawback is i’m 63 years old and i don’t want shifts, just regular days, no weekends,
    there’s no point me giving you my full details if i’ve not got a hope because of my age n’ all ( I know you’ll say your not agist , you have to because of the law) but hey, iff’n I was looking for a worker I’d want a young fit guy even if he did have time off for dandruff and take drugs and be totally unreliable, he’d still look good, not like me:(

anyroad call me Tom if ya think I’ve got a chance of work,

If not thats me on the town hall steps rattling a cup. take pity,

laters,

FatHands likes this.
  2. Coloumb

Coloumb Screwfix Select

Might be worth finding the correct name of the HR person. Howdy is very informal. Using a swear word, now then, no one here, least of all me and SF Pete need to hear language like that do we? So why would the person reading your application want to?

3. tom.plum

tom.plum Screwfix Select

ok thanks, all else ok then yea? :oops:

4. Coloumb

Coloumb Screwfix Select

Well, don't give up the day job.

5. tom.plum

tom.plum Screwfix Select

but i was hoping thats gonna be my dayjob,,,,,,sheesh are you saying I won't get it, NOoooooooooo :(

6. plumber-boy

plumber-boy Well-Known Member

I have a plumbing job going Tom, as long as you don't need goggle or books to carry out the work the job is all yours.;)

7. tom.plum

tom.plum Screwfix Select

that's great P'boy, I hear the rates for plumbers are realy good in LaaaanDaaaan ,

dear howdy
    stuff yer job

regards tom

8. plumber-boy

Wonderful Tom, don't be late! 1168960-Cartoon-Of-An-Annoyed-Smiley-Emoticon-Pointing-To-A-Watch-Royalty-Free-Vector-Clipart.jpg

9. FatHands

FatHands Well-Known Member

Ha ha Tom! I thought you were only doing a bit now, compared to the full week? L

10. Coloumb

Coloumb Screwfix Select

If you have time on your hands you could spend more time making video's convincing me why I don't need to buy an olive puller.;)

Crowsfoot likes this.
  11. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

TomP's already done that one.

12. tom.plum

tom.plum Screwfix Select

just for you columbo

FatHands likes this.
  13. malkie129

malkie129 Screwfix Select

I was made redundant at 64. Drew jobseekers allowance for about 3 mths. Then the Olympics came to Weymuff !!! I was employed on the olympic car parks for about 3 mths....Thoroughly enjoyed it :D One week later, I was 65, so retired. Bloody brill. :D:D:D

14. tom.plum

tom.plum Screwfix Select

What a day phew,,, finaly got to Plumberboys yard at 3.30pm, I must say its a well impressive row of ex corner shops all knocked together to form a barn shaped dwelling in a leafy suburb village hamlet, nestling in a semi rural area the size of a jumbo jet, Mrs Plumbergirl made me a cup of tea and said that Plumberboy was on his way home and would be about one hour because he had to pick up the shopping on his way home, I had to get going because its a very long jouney to wigan and I needed to get back in time for a dental appointment I have on the 26th of this month,

p,s I forgot to leave my bank details for wage transfere ':(

15. plumber-boy

16. joinerjohn1

joinerjohn1 Screwfix Select

With that van you've got, you should have set off back home last year. :p:p:p (anyrode, you should be alright, I've heard that you've joined the AA) :p:p:p:p

17. palavaman

palavaman Well-Known Member

Plumberbouy, you want to question your wife about what she and tom got up to while you were getting the shopping?

18. palavaman

palavaman Well-Known Member

Plumberbouy, you want to question your wife about what she and tom got up to while you were getting the shopping?

19. tom.plum

tom.plum Screwfix Select

now then palavageezer I was a perfect gentleman, plumberboy sacked me for being a triffle late, but Mrs Plumbergirl has talked him into reinstating on better money,a works van, a good pension and i'm to do all the jobs in the house that Plumberboy has't got round to doing yet, :rolleyes:

20. plumber-boy