Workshop base

Discussion in 'Carpenters' Talk' started by mcubbin, Aug 15, 2017.

1. mcubbin

mcubbin New Member

I am building a 30 sqm workshop, I have built the base as a timber ring beam anchored on to concrete piers with joists at 450 centres,the bottom of the beam is about 150mm above the ground. I have a load of seconds kingspan that I want to insulate the floor with, non foil, and was planning on nailing battens to the bottom of the joists to carry the insulation board, and a polythene vapour barrier on top under the flooring. To protect the insulation I am thinking I need to put something between the battens and the insulation, would osb do or would I need something more weather resistant.

2. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

3. mcubbin

mcubbin New Member

Thanks, I just thought as its so close to the ground and although under the floor still open to the elements. But I suppose the place I bought from has it sitting outside for months.

4. mcubbin

mcubbin New Member

Thanks for that link, exactly what I was looking for, as you say will leave the insulation open and lay weed fabric with gravel.