Worktop covers

Discussion in 'Kitchen Fitters' Talk' started by teabreak, Mar 17, 2014.

1. teabreak

teabreak Screwfix Select

Hi has anyone any experiance of the covers, usually granite or similar finish material that fit over existing worktops please?

Thinking of a quick makeover for the kitchen;)

Edit

Wow! just had a google at around £350-400 a metre I don't think so!

Last edited: Mar 17, 2014
  2. Sean_ork

Sean_ork Screwfix Select

I've seen the results of a few, and very nice they looked - but the cost was around 2/3 the price of a real granite top - which seemed a bit of a false economy (to me)

3. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

Sticky backed plastic?

4. teabreak

teabreak Screwfix Select

You mean Fablous Fablon:):):)

5. joinerjohn1

joinerjohn1 Screwfix Select

A mate of mine was looking at having this done. He quickly realised that for the same price, he could have solid granite tops installed. Had the new granite tops fitted about 3 weeks ago and it looks stunning.

6. joiner1959

joiner1959 Active Member

Have seen them done and they look really good, but as others have said for not much more you could have a full granite fit.

7. Ryan Henderson

Ryan Henderson New Member

Granite or Quartz worktops are the best for kitchens. It does not only provide the beautiful look to kitchen but at the same time, these are lifetime investments and stain resistant. Once installed, you need not to think about the kitchen worktops again in life. Go for any one of these.

8. Biochef

Biochef Member

Just means you have to have same setup for ever and ever misses will want it changed as soon as her best friend gets a glittery red composite job fitted

9. joinerjohn1

joinerjohn1 Screwfix Select

Or even worse, wants new units but the worktop keeping. ;););)

10. goldenboy

goldenboy Super Member

I am going back very much to recommending solid timber to customers these days, good profit in them and I find them easier to fit than any others. Plus nothing looks as good as a belfast section in oak. I switched over to Osmo TopOil recently and that makes the finishing a pleasure