Worktop joint.

Discussion in 'Kitchen Fitters' Talk' started by mignal, Jun 10, 2017.

1. mignal

mignal New Member

Is it possible to cut a straight butt joint right next to a hob cut-out (right over adjacent units) ?
    It obviously leaves a very thin remaining edge. Of course I would love to move the joint to a better position but the kitchen is in an upstairs flat and it's impossible to get a length over 1.8 m up and around stair turns. The other alternative is through an upstairs window but of course that requires some sort of lift. It's a very busy street with shops below. The only other alternative is to do two straight butt joints + the masons mitre.

2. Wayners

Wayners Screwfix Select

You got to try for window. Man hoist thing done out of hours when quite. There is one by me that with do an hour rate. No idea of cost. Be worth asking if possible and how much. I'm going to look him up now out of interest

3. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

Had a identical problem, ended up hiring a Genie Superlift for a day to get the long length of worktops to the top flat.:)