Would anyone use this service?

Discussion in 'Just Talk' started by Thebizexpert, Jun 24, 2017.

1. ajm plastering

ajm plastering New Member

Yeah I agree but I think its a great Idea for new businesses and one man bands.. maybe not so much the big businesses.

I used one myself like this a few days ago - paid 180 and 3 days on its ranking on page 3 for my keyword.

Its good if your offering a money backed guarantee like these guys did, but otherwise I wouldn't have gone for it to be honest,

Here's the proof of it working so far..

keyword was: plasterers doncaster area - if searched for on google it should now be on page 2/3.

I think what set them apart for me was the information overload with the free reports etc..

The website they did for me was pretty standard (nothing special) but it does the trick at 100 quid, a few more updates needed but its nearly there now.

Id go for it mate 100% there are people out there willing to pay for the skills of a fair priced SEO dude, instead of some crappy local magazine for 40 quid a month.

They'd be daft not to really!

Thebizexpert likes this.
  2. fillyboy

fillyboy Screwfix Select

Word of mouth is my main source and in these days of 'rogue traders', people are often wary of picking a name out of a newspaper, they prefer to have someone who's been recommended or they see something in some ones house and say "oh that's nice, who did it?"

A tradesman I know signed up to 'rated people' for about £800 and got flooded with so much work he had to cancel it the following year, but I think he was the only person in our town on that site so it was a very prominent presence, in A town nearer London, there may have been several hundred tradesmen listed.

3. Thebizexpert

Thebizexpert New Member

AJM, ah that's great news - glad that it did the trick for you, and yes am looking to offer all of those extra services, plus loads of free info on my webpage (have started but am really early days).

I guess it really is very location dependant, and like nearly everyone has said, really depends on whether people want/need extra work load that can come along with enhanced reach!

Again, thanks all, really interesting points made.

P J Thompson likes this.
  4. fillyboy

fillyboy Screwfix Select

Looks OK, just one question, is your van really that clean?

5. P J Thompson

P J Thompson Active Member

Haha yes, I do keep the van pretty clean. Not always easy living out in the sticks though is it.

6. Thebizexpert

Thebizexpert New Member

haha maybe I should consider a van tidying up service instead! :)

7. Jord86

Jord86 Screwfix Select

Now that's something I WOULD invest in, mines like a skip on wheels........

Thebizexpert likes this.
  8. Thebizexpert

Thebizexpert New Member

If only food didn't come in wrappers eh! Too much to chuck on the passenger side floor!

9. Sparkielev

Sparkielev Screwfix Select

Now there's an idea could even do sight visits

10. Jord86

Jord86 Screwfix Select

It's not that, I'm a clean eater, it's the millions of receipts, lists, sketches, odd screws, loose change, pens, pencils, notebooks, diary, punk rock cds, baseball caps, trade catalogues, flyers and all other miscellaneous s.hite that is the issue.

P J Thompson likes this.
  11. P J Thompson

Tidy up every now and again man :D

12. Jord86

Jord86 Screwfix Select

That description IS when its tidy mate, you wanna see it when I've had an 8pm finish, make your toes curl!

P J Thompson likes this.
  13. P J Thompson

:D

Friday evenings is when mine goes to crud. Everything just gets thrown in the back in the rush to leg it home.

14. Sparkielev

You been pulling cables crawling thru lofts chasing walls you got half ton of screws in your snicker pants breaking your back I'm not tidying van when I get home

15. Jord86

Jord86 Screwfix Select

Only time mine gets tidied is when I cant find a particular tool and once I've got my tantrum out the way by throwing everything about, I then sullenly put everything back in the place it should be, and it lasts about a week before it's Beirut again.

16. fillyboy

fillyboy Screwfix Select

Perhaps we should organise a 'dirtiest van competition', PJ's got no chance.

17. P J Thompson

:D
    I'm gonna fess up. Normally, my van has every last thing in it's place. Everything.
    At the moment it's a piece of crud in there. I took a mate to Scotland to fetch a motorbike a couple of weeks ago and had to empty the back completely. All the racking got taken out and only the tstak rack got put back in before I had to get back to work. Nothing's changed cos I haven't had time to put the rest of the racking back. Stuff is just heaved in there at the moment. I hate it...

So now would be a good time to have the comp from my perspective :D

18. Sparkielev

If my van was tidy I'd find fik all

gadget man likes this.
  19. Rated People

Rated People New Member

Hi fillyboy, Josh from Rated People here - I thought I’d jump in and clarify a couple of things. It’s probably just Chinese whispers but our memberships have always been much lower than that - you can sign up for as little as £20+VAT a month, and we give tradespeople at least the same amount back every month to spend on job leads.

It’s true that in some parts of the country, there can be a large number of leads available. But again, to clarify, tradespeople can pick and choose which leads to buy, based on budgets, skillsets and availability. We try to make sure tradespeople are in control of their workload, rather than being reliant on the phone ringing, as we know how frustrating it is when there’s too much work to take on, or not enough!

A lot of people do stay with us when they’re busy though, as they find their profile page quite useful for showing off the reviews they get, and the profile also appears in Google searches.

We’ve also just introduced some perks to save money on business expenses and high street brands. If they’re used regularly then it’s possible to save the membership fee back easily. Plus, the job leads are always there to cover last-minute cancellations or an unexpected dry spell.

Hope that helps - feel free to ask me any questions.

20. Sparkielev

Rated people like all the other scam merchants, a customer I know was done for £30.000 that was on rated people site when they rang them to complain and see if they would do anything rated people didn't want to know as was like not our problem, like check a scam you all money grabbing *

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 29, 2017
    Jord86 likes this.