wren Kitchens

Discussion in 'Kitchen Fitters' Talk' started by Joinery G, Jun 20, 2015.

1. Joinery G

Joinery G New Member

Hi is anyone fitting a (2015) wren kitchen, I have booked a job in for next month and was looking at some of the comments good and bad, Im informed the units, worktop and plinths all come cut to size is this so and are there any pitfalls to look out for as this is my first wren. (many other kitchens fitted over 30 years).
    Thanks G

2. metrokitchens

metrokitchens Screwfix Select

Cut to size? Not in length it won't be.
    I've fitted a few and whilst not a bad product the quality of finish is poor. Also in my experience important parts were missing or non existent.

3. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

and may not turn up on time.

4. Joinery G

Joinery G New Member

Have you fitted round units if so are the worktops all pre-formed.

Thanks

5. metrokitchens

I have not fitted round units for Wren. I highly doubt that they would supply pre cut tops as standard unless it was a solid surface style top.

6. PaulBlackpool

PaulBlackpool Screwfix Select

I thought that these were expensive kitchens!

7. metrokitchens

Wren has filled the place of the old MFI. Not necessarly a bad product but lots of cost cutting and corner cutting resulting in many small issues that add up to a lower than expected experience for some purchasers. Make sure your fitter checks the parts order list thoroughly and that all stock is avaliable .

8. seen it all before

seen it all before Active Member

I installed my own wren kitchen about 4 years ago, from purchase to delivery and the fitting of it I had no problems at all, I could only sing their praises.
    This resulted in 2 friends of mine also getting wren kitchens, one had a great experience like myself while the other had nothing but problems, and still having g problems with them 18 months down the line.
    But also I've had the same experience with every kitchen supplier where one customer has excellent service with said company and the next one has had nothing but problems.