Xmas

Discussion in 'Electricians' Talk' started by Lectrician, Dec 28, 2013.

1. Lectrician

Lectrician Screwfix Select

Not that there was too much posting (electricians forum anyway - I don't look at the rest!), but SF didn't shut the forum down for "essential maintenance" over Christmas!

Had a few days away in the middle of know where over christmas, just me and the misses and a 70s Xmas tree!

Hope you all drank to excess, put on a few pounds, swapped expensive gifts and got all that you desired!

January, here we come!
    FatHands likes this.
  2. joinerjohn1

joinerjohn1 Screwfix Select

Had not too bad a Christmas. Spoiled by horrendous toothache. Now waiting for pay day (8th Jan) so I can afford to have it pulled. Mind you, I have a bottle of vodka and my pliers on standby, just in case it gets too bad. (hurts like hell at the moment, but paracetamols take the edge off it) ;);)
  3. tom.plum

tom.plum Screwfix Select

k'nell JJ " wait till pay day to have a tooth pulled, jeeeezus H priest, are fangs that bad ? (see what i did there) I'd use the voddie and pliers option, :eek:
  4. sams

sams Member

Thank f@@k its all over
  5. joinerjohn1

Yep Tomp, tooth was already slightly loose, before last pay day, and causing a slight pain. Missus decided "I" couldn't afford £50 to have it pulled, what with Christmas approaching ( I must get my bank card out of her grasp one day) At this rate, it's gonna be next Christmas before it falls out of it's own accord. :eek: Anyway, at the moment I'm seriously considering cracking open the Smirnoff. Para's have taken the edge off the pain, but not to the extent they did a few days ago (reckon me liver might pack up with all them para's first, although I've been careful to stick to the advised limits). Anyrode we're going to me brothers on New Years Eve.. There's every chance of a good punchup, so hopefully someone might miss and catch my jaw instead (round about the time I generally pass out) :p:p:p:p
    FatHands likes this.
  6. tom.plum

tom.plum Screwfix Select

Its a sad state of affairs when decent workin' folks have to choose between a health issue and buying others christmas gifts, and if your struggling to find the cash for an extraction, you'll probably not even consider the cost of dentures, when others can spend £50 on a fireworks to burn on new years eve,
    I feel you r pain JJ, :(
  7. joinerjohn1

Tomp, the missus has dentures and from what she's told me, about when she had to have her teeth out, I'd rather suffer the bloody pain. Just a shame that even on the NHS, we have to pay through the nose to have a bloody tooth pulled (even more if it's done privately) Crikey ,, I wish I was a dentist, pulling teeth all day at £50 a pop. Must take them all of 10 minutes including the wait for the anaesthetic to take effect. So potentially £300+ an hour. Not bad ehh. ;);););)
  8. Sean_ork

Sean_ork Screwfix Select

9. joinerjohn1

Strange you had to travel so far to have a tooth pulled Orky. ;););)
  10. Sean_ork

Sean_ork Screwfix Select

twas many moons ago, lived on Brookside Rd for a couple of years, until my visa expired and I had to move back
  11. joinerjohn1

You lived in Breadsall?? (or did you go to the special school there?)
  12. stateit

stateit Active Member

JJ: After a while the pain and the smell goes away - the nerve has rotted out and died.

The plus side is you don't need anaesthetic to have it pulled then!

Most excruciating pain though... nothing quite like it.

The dentist will look at you like you're barking mad when you get to him/her at this stage though...

(Happened to me while I was abroad and couldn't get treatment)
  13. Sean_ork

Sean_ork Screwfix Select

as always JJ, feel free to interpret my comment in any way that best suits you
  14. joinerjohn1

Stateit, the tooth isn't rotting. I knocked it a couple of months ago, whilst hanging a fire door at work. That's what made it loose (cut the inside of my cheek and gum and that did hurt like hell at the time) Bruised my cheek too. Since then the tooth has remained loose, but the pain has just increased in intensity since. Initially thought it might be an abscess, but had one of those some years ago. The pain with that was absolutely excruciating and the dentist wouldn't pull it until I'd had a course of antibiotics and the abscess had gone down. (bloody sheer murder for a fortnight too) The pain I have at the moment is far different. I'd describe it as a really sharp pain (as opposed to a dull deep pain) Quite an exquisite pain really. :D:D
  15. retiredsparks

retiredsparks Member

It's easy to get caught out with dental problems over holidays and when abroad... even if you have regular hygiene visits and dental care.(like biting an olive with stone in it by accident)
    In my experience, people will find money for big TV's and **** and booze but cant seem to find money for dental plans.
    RS
  16. Sean_ork

Sean_ork Screwfix Select

it's those same folks who moan when their boiler breaks down - but it's not been serviced for years

the same folks who complain about the service they get from the NHS - when they've lived on junk food for decades

the same folk who moan about mass immigration - but are avid fans of daytime TV

those types .......
  17. Lectrician

Lectrician Screwfix Select

Our NHS dentist is very poor. So many complaints and bad reviews. I dropped them after a traumatic visit which saw the dentist removed from her position. Now gone private, and considering a payment plan, although happy to "pay per visit" at the moment. A broken tooth a couple months back was fixed with ease, with no issues at all.
  18. joinerjohn1

RS, as I only work 30 hrs per week, I simply can't afford a dental plan. I don't have a big tv, nor drink booze regularly. (just thought I'd clear that up) ;);)
  19. Phil the Paver

Phil the Paver Well-Known Member

J J, I feel your pain, the last two teeth I had out I pulled myself for two reasons, one being cost, two being finding time to go as I work silly shifts that don't tie up with Dentist opening times.

Not saying you should pull yours as you run a great risk of blood poisoning doing it yourself, but a bottle of mouth wash and some cottonwool and away I went, you don't want to know how painful it was, but needs must :)
  20. unphased

unphased Screwfix Select

There's enough double entendres in that post, phil. :D