Xvlp vs airless recommendation

Discussion in 'Painters' Talk' started by Boolay, Feb 12, 2015.

1. Boolay

Boolay Member

hi all,
    Can anyone recommend a handheld/portable paint sprayer. I have an airless wagner that I use on big exterior jobs but am looking for something I can use inside for doors, trim and small wall areas.
    I've been looking at:
    Wagner xvlp 3500 mains powered
    Graco Easymax WP2 airless battery operated

Just wondered if anyone has used either of these or can recommend another product.
    I know they are quite expensive but am willing to invest in a product that will last and do a quality job.
    Something that can handle higher viscosity paint without thinning.

Thank you

2. R.W_Carpentry

R.W_Carpentry Active Member

Only my 2pence, I've no experience with either or xvlp, but I've got an airlessco airless and an A.S.I Hvlp unit, neither exactly cheap units but I wouldn't consider using either outside of a booth, granted overspray is a lot better than my old fuji but I've found claims that they could be used inside with minimal sheeting up a bit far fetched, it's amazing how far just a little overspray travels.
    However I don't spray on site, if you're still expecting to sheet up most of a room etc. then pay no attention to me:p
    I would recommend A.S.I units though, prefer it to the airlessco, I think mines the 1100.

Boolay likes this.
  3. Boolay

Boolay Member

Thanks for the info RW. Finally bitten the bullet and gone for an Apollo 1500

4. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

Don't know whether they still supply the black paint pot with the Apllo 1500, but some users found that the black finish which is also inside the pot came away when using some cellulose paint.
    Great piece of kit the Apollo,a very nice hvlp setup.

Boolay likes this.
  5. Boolay

Boolay Member

Thanks for the heads up KIAB

6. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

7. Boolay

Boolay Member