Zanussi hob wiring"

Discussion in 'Electricians' Talk' started by Merman, Feb 1, 2015.

1. Merman

Merman New Member

Wiring up my hob & it requires a loop to be connected between two terminals on the live wire.
    There is not enough room to fit both live & loop wires in the terminal- I used 6mm heat flex as specified.
    How would you connect this?
    Thanks for help.

2. eric the fish

eric the fish Member

Is it a new hob? If so then look for copper "horseshoes" that may be in slots close to the terminals ready to be used as required. Good luck

Merman likes this.
  3. seneca

seneca Screwfix Select

If the connecting plates are missing I use a strand of 2.5mm, no need to insulate if it's in the connection enclosure and between 2 adjacent terminals.

Merman likes this.
  4. Merman

Merman New Member

Thanks for help guys.
    I had another look & found the copper connector plate so all makes sense now.
    Cheers

Hugh O’ Leary likes this.
  5. Hugh O’ Leary

Hugh O’ Leary New Member

Hi Merman. I am having the same issues. I also have a copper horseshoe. How do you use it ? Sorry very new to electrics !

6. Hugh O’ Leary

Hugh O’ Leary New Member

my question is how do you use the copper horseshoe ‘man’. Didn’t think the question was that complicated.

7. terrymac

terrymac Screwfix Select

The horse shoe is used to link two terminals, making them one.
    Ignore the " troll" who posted earlier Hugh.

8. Hugh O’ Leary

Hugh O’ Leary New Member

Thanks Terry, will try that tomorrow. Thanks again.

9. terrymac

terrymac Screwfix Select

Post pics of terminal block and wiring instructions that came with the hob if your unsure.

10. Hugh O’ Leary

Hugh O’ Leary New Member

Will do Terry. There were no instructions about the copper horseshoe. I just attached the live wire to one of the two live terminals but then noticed that only 2 of the 4 jobs were working which made me realise that I should be connecting to the second live terminal as well. Will post pics tomorrow. Have to turn off the power and have no natural light now.

11. terrymac

terrymac Screwfix Select

Ok. You should have got at the very least a wiring diagram and installation booklet/ leaflet. Is the hob brand new ?

12. Hugh O’ Leary

Hugh O’ Leary New Member

Yes I have a diagra m but it’s on the back of the hob and the hob is in place at the moment. Yes brand new, electrical shop wouldn’t provide installation service due to covid

terrymac likes this.
  13. Hugh O’ Leary

Hugh O’ Leary New Member

All sorted Terry, figured out the copper shoe and all 4 hobs now working. Just secured both terminals with the screws.

Attached Files:

14. terrymac

terrymac Screwfix Select

Happy cooking !!!!

15. Bazza

Bazza Screwfix Select

Hugh, I hate to be a critic, but you should have the copper cable wound the other way round the screw. You have both of them wound anti clockwise so that when you tighten the screw it tends to try and push the wire off the screw. If you wind it the other way, clockwise, the screw will pull the conductor tighter and further under the screw, making better contact.
    its a high current connection and it needs to be done properly, or you'll have problems later on.

16. Hugh O’ Leary

Hugh O’ Leary New Member

Hi Bazza, thanks for the tip. I had not idea but that makes perfect sense to me. Will get on that. Thanks again

17. Bob Lyman

Bob Lyman New Member

Thanks guys I am installing the same hub, this discussion has really helped.

18. nigel willson

nigel willson Screwfix Select

If you had read the instructions, you would have been aware. Nextime ah

19. TomAXIS

TomAXIS New Member

Hi there, where did you find the copper link?? Thanks

20. Bazza

Bazza Screwfix Select

They are usually tucked inside the connector block. Often edge on in a slot.
    As me times they are already in place.