Win a Mixer Drill

Discussion in 'Screwfix' started by screwfix.peter, Dec 4, 2014.

1. screwfix.peter

screwfix.peter Administrator Staff Member

Hi

Simply tell us what you think about the Screwfix Community Forum on this thread and you will be entered to win a a Tecmix TMX Pro 1250 Hand-Held 1600W Mixer Drill.

[​IMG]

I will pick a contributor from this tread on Monday 15 December and contact them to announce the winner of this prize draw.

Good Luck

Peter

2. tom.plum

tom.plum Screwfix Select

I'm not bothered about winning a prize but I'll let you know what i think of the forum anyway,

Its the best forum on the net as far as I can see its got it all, you've got expert tradesmen giving their experiance and knowledge, you've got diyers giving their knowledge and experiance others add or dissagree with the information which gives the reader a wider view of what to expect from the task they are about to take on,
    There is the lighter side too, just talk about anything,I'm a regular reader/poster to just talk, Its a much better alternative to watching telly or football, Its social activity at its best, you cybermeet others and like or dislike them just as in real life depending on their views,
    Out of a possible 5 stars I award the full house 5 great big whopping bright as heaven stars, ;););)

Phil the Paver likes this.
  3. I am permanently logged on to this site and browse through the day, it just so great that the people on here share all their knowledge. I've learnt so much about DIY and there are so many different products that I've discovered through this site , that I wished I'd have known about when doing previous bits and bobs around the house.

All in all a very good site and well managed by the mods .

It just goes to show that there is always something new to learn every day!
    And of course , I try to chip in when I think I can make a useful contribution.

4. Phil the Paver

Phil the Paver Screwfix Select

This is simple.

The forum is ACE, BRILLIANT, EXCELLENT.

5. plumberboy

plumberboy Well-Known Member

Yes I agree with the all the above,great forum and much better than all the others,just a shame I turned up really and spoilt it.:) Only joking.
    I give the forum 10/10 every time, a winner hands down.;)

6. joinerjohn1

joinerjohn1 Screwfix Select

Excellent forum now. Great idea being able to see previews of the posts before you click them. Good to see mods keeping on top of the spam. Nice and easy forum navigation and a link to our hosts Screwfix's main site. Easy to post pictures and links too. 10/10 for the forum software (much better than the last one) A site I just have to keep on coming back to. ;);)

PS Tomp says if he wins the drill, send it to me instead (as plumbers dunna use mixer drills, although he might find a use for it in the new bar(mixing cocktails) ) :p:p:p

7. tom.plum

tom.plum Screwfix Select

JJ you can have it with pleasure if that happens, but hey if you get that new job as Doctor John, won't it look bad you walking in work with one of those, do screwfix do stethoscopes ?:confused:

8. ramseyman

ramseyman Screwfix Select

I think this is an excellent forum where most contributors will provide honest advice and the benefit of their considerable experience whilst in the background is the opportunity to point posters to items stocked by Screwfix which can be very useful - a picture paints a thousand words. Peter, I have no immediate use for a mixer drill and if you select my post please donate the value to a charity of your choice. On a point of constructive criticism I sometimes find it a pain to have to log in before I can open pictures/photos posted by contributors and would like to see this changed. A forum where friends can be made too, happy Christmas everyone.

9. moppylhd

moppylhd Member

Hi Peter,
    As with the others, I don't need a mixer as I borrow a mates.
    As for the forum it's 10/10 for me.

10. A pile of dog's poo. Is wot I chust picked up from the garden.

Oops, sorry - wrong thread.

I think there is something a little bit magical about this forum, and like some others on here I've seen it go through a number of changes over more years than I care to remember - and these have usually not been well received (and usually unfairly too).

It has got its act together now, tho', and is a really good mix of being a 'professional' layout with up-to-date features, and still being the 'warm' place it's always been.

What can be done to imporve it? I dunno - just trying to get more people on here who can give good advice in all areas, I guess; the bulk of it is covered nicely, but now and then a Q gets asked that doesn't really get answered fully, which is a shame.

Anything else? Yep - keep the banter going, and make it challenging. BUT, make it fair too. Don't let the personality get in the way of the argument - keep to the facts.

No idea what I'm talking about... :rolleyes:

11. This forum is a brilliant resource for trade and diy alike being able to get others opinions on products and tools before you buy or use them or asking how others have or would deal with a job/problem is incredibly handy, plus its simple to use (if i can do it anbody can) and the banter is always plentiful (even if its just ranting about annoying customers)

12. joinerjohn1

:p:p:p Already got one of them upside down watches that pins to your chest (use it at work when I pick up a care shift as we can't wear wrist watches. (infection control) )

Anyway, back to the subject in hand, so it's over to you folks to tell SF whatcha think of their lovely forum. ;);)

13. FatHands

FatHands Well-Known Member

The Screwfix forum is a trusted source of information with regular postings from tradesmen, DIY'ers and home owners needing advice/ sharing knowledge on a consistent basis about their home or building project.
    Its a friendly place to ask a question or for an opinion and receive answers from many of the members which usually arrive the same day.
    It works equally as well on a desktop PC, Tablet and mobile devices. Its also free to join and participate in the community. Its without doubt my favourite on-line community.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2014
  14. tom.plum

tom.plum Screwfix Select

this is not offered as an entry to the competition, just a little song cos its Friday my favorite day of the week,

plumberboy likes this.
  15. plumberboy

Tom the mixers yours and if you don't want it you can sell it in the shop.;)

16. joinerjohn1

Tomp'll put it on Fleabay (advertised as a swop for a guitar, free delivery in Wigan only) :p:p

plumberboy likes this.
  17. I clicked on Tom's vid and thought he had the mixer already, plugged in and running...

(Ooh - that hurts... ;) )

18. plumberboy

OUCH!!!:rolleyes:

19. FatHands

FatHands Well-Known Member

:D

20. tom.plum

tom.plum Screwfix Select

:(:(:(:(:(:(:( bugger,