just used dryzone dpc cream how long is curing process?

Discussion in 'Builders' Talk' started by neill, Jan 8, 2015.

1. neill

neill New Member

was wondering if anyone can let me know how long this cream takes to absorb into mortar? read nothing about not using it during winter months or it being temperature dependant , can anyone advise please.
    neill

2. joiner1959

joiner1959 Active Member

Depends on the moisture content of the mortar. Could be a few weeks or months. Not really an issue as you can inject it and continue working, internally and externally. Don't use it externally if frost is forecast for a prolonged period. I have used this type of product many times and have found that some creams are better than others, ie, ease of application, working characteristics, value for money etc. I mail order product from a company in Newton Abbot, Property Repair Systems. Excellent service and a good technical helpline. Don't know if hosts will allow this info.

3. neill

neill New Member

well i applied it onto the mortar today , i am on merseyside ( mild weather here is forecast for next week or so ) , obviously you cannot blob over the holes with mortar until the cream starts to soak in , this is my main reason for asking about the curing time i also want to apply a drybase dpm to this outside brickwork as soon as i can really, but dont want to do this before curing has finished , any advice with this very welcome,
    thanks,
    neill

4. joiner1959

joiner1959 Active Member

I would contact the tech helpline of the company you bought the product from. With the product I use you can mortar the holes right away and apply other systems immediately.

5. neill

neill New Member

Ok , contacted safeguardeurope technical helpline about their dryzone dpc creram, guy told me it will take at least a few days to soak in and dont be alarmed if cream is still visible in holes ( he said the carrier substance will actually skin over and some if not all remains in the drilled hole ,also i should be able to mortar over holes after that ). He told me there is no issue to worry about with regards to the weather having an effect on the process. Set my mind at rest a little , just wish they would enclose an application guide with the cream explaining the process and what you are likely to see happening after application.
    thanks for your replies,
    neill