whats in your pockets?

Discussion in 'Tool Talk' started by C Windsor General Builder, Mar 29, 2015.

1. What tools/gadgets do you always have in your pocket at work?

2. teabreak

teabreak Screwfix Select

Well I often wear those overalls where the pockets go right through:p:p:p:p:p:p

3. BLUEJACKET

BLUEJACKET Active Member

Folding Knife, Jumbo pencil, led mini torch, phone, keys and normally there are some nails or screws from something!!!!

4. Yeah i recently had to go and visit mother work trousers in hand after i kept finding the same pencil on the floor of my van hahahaha

Welshdragon1 likes this.
  5. Welshdragon1

Welshdragon1 Active Member

Typical screws etc left over from a job, so nout new there then as we can all relate to no doubt :p

I usually have a mini writing pad & pencil, work phone, screws/nails, torch & tape measure

I know that feeling all too well lmao ;)

Not good when the money falls to the floor though as gravity will win every-time ;)

6. Leatherman Wave, Stanley Knife, Stanley 3meter tape, carpenters pencil (the one that got away), Sharpie, and on my keys Little LED torch, Radiator bleed key, and one of those dulux paint can openers that you get free sometimes

7. plumber-boy

plumber-boy Well-Known Member

8. Idle B**ger hahaha

plumber-boy likes this.
  9. plumber-boy

It's not that C.W. I'm thinking about the job whilst playing with my relaxation balls.:oops:

10. Welshdragon1

Welshdragon1 Active Member

What is that saying about "Idle hands" ?? :p ;)

11. The threads called whats in your pockets not whats in your hands :p thats the trouble with you plumbers your minds are always in the sewers ;) hahahaha

plumber-boy likes this.
  12. plumber-boy

Us plumbers multi task, hands in pockets and balls in hand and mind in the sewers.;)

13. BLUEJACKET

BLUEJACKET Active Member

Oh that's a good idea, where do you get these relaxation balls from? :)

14. plumber-boy

Your not having mine, there be second hand.:D

15. tom.plum

tom.plum Screwfix Select

I don't keep things in my pockets cos usually laying on one side or the other wraming ( northern word for) struggling,stretching,scampering about under baths,under floors, in atics and awkward corners, anything in your pockets digs into your skin or gets broken, the number of times i go out to the van for stuff and have forgotten to pick up the keys out of my jacket pocket is unbelievable, but i still never keep them in my pockets, :eek:

16. i know what you mean tom lots of things get removed and chucked across the room after sticking me when im scralling (cornish word for crawling climbing scampering) bout all over the place

17. malkie129

malkie129 Screwfix Select

I'm retired now, but still tend to wear my old Snickers bodywarmer at home. Leatherman in one breast pocket, mini Maglite,biro & Sharpie in the other.

18. plumber-boy

Were you an engineer of some form malkie??

19. malkie129

malkie129 Screwfix Select

Yeah, some form PB. Lol. Installations were my specialities. Didn't make loads of money, but seen a few places & had a few laughs. :D

Welshdragon1 likes this.
  20. plumber-boy

The laughs and the experience of working in different places money can't buy malkie.;)

Welshdragon1 and malkie129 like this.